Anti-Apg7 antibody (ab53255)
- Product nameAnti-Apg7 antibodySee all Apg7 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Apg7
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
A 17 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the C-terminus of human APG7.
- Positive control
- Caco-2 cell lysate, MCF7 cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53255 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21784844|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 78 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 78 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20174468|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionFunctions as an E1 enzyme essential for multisubstrates such as ATG8-like proteins and ATG12. Forms intermediate conjugates with ATG8-like proteins (GABARAP, GABARAPL1, GABARAPL2 or MAP1LC3A). PE-conjugation to ATG8-like proteins is essential for autophagy. Also acts as an E1 enzyme for ATG12 conjugation to ATG5 and ATG3.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed, especially in kidney, liver, lymph nodes and bone marrow.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ATG7 family.
- DomainThe C-terminal part of the protein is essential for the dimerization and interaction with ATG3 and ATG12.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- 1810013K23Rik antibody
- Apg 7 antibody
- APG7 autophagy 7 like antibody
- APG7 autophagy 7-like (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- APG7 like antibody
- APG7, S. cerevisiae, homolog of antibody
- APG7-like antibody
- APG7L antibody
- ATG 7 antibody
- ATG12-activating enzyme E1 ATG7 antibody
- atg7 antibody
- ATG7 autophagy related 7 homolog (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- ATG7 autophagy related 7 homolog antibody
- ATG7_HUMAN antibody
- Atg7l antibody
- Autophagy 7, S. cerevisiae, homolog of antibody
- Autophagy related protein 7 antibody
- Autophagy-related 7 (yeast) antibody
- Autophagy-related protein 7 antibody
- DKFZp434N0735 antibody
- GSA 7 antibody
- GSA7 antibody
- hAGP7 antibody
- Ubiquitin activating enzyme E1 like protein antibody
- Ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1-like protein antibody
- Ubiquitin-like modifier-activating enzyme ATG7 antibody
Anti-Apg7 antibody images
Lane 1 : Anti-Apg7 antibody (ab53255) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Apg7 antibody (ab53255) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-Apg7 antibody (ab53255) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Caco-2 cell lysate at 15 µg per lane.
Lane 2 : Caco-2 cell lysate at 15 µg per lane.
Lane 3 : Caco-2 cell lysate at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 78 kDa
Observed band size : 78 kDa
This image shows ab53255 staining MCF7 cells as 10µg/ml
IHC image of ab53255 staining in human breast carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab53255, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Immunohistochemical analysis of murine brain tissue, staining Apg7 with ab53255. Fixed brain sections were blocked with serum, permeabilized with 0.2% Triton X-100, and treated with primary antibody. An AlexaFluor®555-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Apg7 antibody (ab53255)
This product has been referenced in:
- Rapino F et al. BAG3 induction is required to mitigate proteotoxicity via selective autophagy following inhibition of constitutive protein degradation pathways. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23644654) »
- Gonzalez P et al. Impairment of lysosomal integrity by B10, a glycosylated derivative of betulinic acid, leads to lysosomal cell death and converts autophagy into a detrimental process. Cell Death Differ 19:1337-46 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22343715) »