ApoTrack™ Cytochrome c Apoptosis ICC Antibody Kit (ab110417)
- Product nameApoTrack™ Cytochrome c Apoptosis ICC Antibody KitSee all ApoTrack™ Cytochrome c Apoptosis kits ...
- Sample typeAdherent cells
- Assay typeDirect
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Product overview
Apoptotic cells which have released mitochondrial cytochrome c into the cytosol can be differentiated from non apoptotic cells which still retain cytochrome c in their mitochondria by fluorescence microscopy.
ab110417 (MSA07) contains a cytochrome c monoclonal antibody (50 µg) and an isotype-specific secondary antibody (50 µg) which has a fluorescein fluorophore conjugated to it. The kit also contains an ATP synthase V subunit alpha monoclonal antibody (50 µg) and the appropriate isotype-specific secondary antibody (50 µg) which has a Texas Red fluorophore conjugated to it.
ATP synthase is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein and serves as a mitochondrial marker since it is not released into the cytoplasm during apoptosis, unlike cytochrome c. Thus one is able to observe cytochrome c and a mitochondrial marker (ATP synthase subunit alpha) simultaneously by fluorescence microscopy using ab110417. Buffers and blocking solution for immunocytochemical analysis are also included in the kit.
Store Goat Serum at -20°C. Store all other components at 4°C.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF more details
- Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 200 µg 100% normal goat serum 1 x 20ml Anti-Complex Va monoclonal antibody clone 15H4C4 1 x 50µg Anti-Cytochrome c monoclonal antibody clone 37BA11 1 x 50µg Buffer (10X PBS, pH 7.4) 1 x 100ml Detergent (0.1% (v/v) Triton® X-100 in PBS) 1 x 30ml Goat anti-mouse IgG2a - FITC secondary antibody 1 x 50µg Goat anti-mouse IgG2b - TXRD secondary antibody 1 x 50µg
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110417 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for ApoTrack™ Cytochrome c Apoptosis ICC Antibody Kit (ab110417)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang Y et al. The mitochondrial pathway of anesthetic isoflurane-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem 285:4025-37 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20007710) »
- Wood-Kaczmar A et al. PINK1 is necessary for long term survival and mitochondrial function in human dopaminergic neurons. PLoS One 3:e2455 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18560593) »