Anti-Aquaporin 2 antibody - C-terminal (ab85876)
- Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 2 antibody - C-terminalSee all Aquaporin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 2 - C-terminal
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide designed within the C-terminal region of Human Aquaporin 2, conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85876 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa. This antibody has been tested in Western blot against the recombinant peptide used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/300 - 1/2000.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/300 - 1/2000.|
- FunctionForms a water-specific channel that provides the plasma membranes of renal collecting duct with high permeability to water, thereby permitting water to move in the direction of an osmotic gradient.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in renal collecting tubules.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AQP2 are the cause of diabetes insipidus nephrogenic autosomal (ANDI) [MIM:125800]; also known as diabetes insipidus nephrogenic type 2. ANDI is caused by the inability of the renal collecting ducts to absorb water in response to arginine vasopressin. It is characterized by excessive water drinking (polydypsia), excessive urine excretion (polyuria), persistent hypotonic urine, and hypokalemia. Inheritance can be autosomal dominant or recessive.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
- DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
modificationsSer-256 phosphorylation is necessary and sufficient for expression at the apical membrane. Endocytosis is not phosphorylation-dependent.
- Cellular localizationApical cell membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle membrane. Shuttles from vesicles to the apical membrane.
- ADH water channel antibodyAQP 2 antibodyAQP CD antibody
- AQP-2 antibodyAQP-CD antibodyAQP2 antibodyAQP2_HUMAN antibodyAQPCD antibodyAquaporin 2 collecting duct antibodyAquaporin CD antibodyAquaporin-2 antibodyAquaporin-CD antibodyAquaporin2 antibodyAquaporine 2 antibodyCollecting duct water channel protein antibodyMGC34501 antibodyWater channel aquaporin 2 antibodyWater channel protein for renal collecting duct antibodyWCH CD antibodyWCH-CD antibodyWCHCD antibody
Anti-Aquaporin 2 antibody - C-terminal images
ab85876 staining Aquaporin 2 - C-terminal in Rat kidney tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with 10% NBF and blocked with 25% serum free protein block for 5 minutes at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with a Tris/EDTA (pH 9.0) buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/5000 in serum free antibody diluent) for 30 minutes. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab85876 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab85876, neat) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Aquaporin 2 antibody - C-terminal (ab85876)
ab85876 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.