Anti-Aquaporin 2 antibody (ab15116)
- Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 2 antibodySee all Aquaporin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 2
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human, Pig
A 15 aa synthetic MAP peptide (Rat) (C terminal). This peptide is predicted to be cytoplasmic.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15116 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21576461|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/10000 - 1/50000.|
- FunctionForms a water-specific channel that provides the plasma membranes of renal collecting duct with high permeability to water, thereby permitting water to move in the direction of an osmotic gradient.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in renal collecting tubules.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AQP2 are the cause of diabetes insipidus nephrogenic autosomal (ANDI) [MIM:125800]; also known as diabetes insipidus nephrogenic type 2. ANDI is caused by the inability of the renal collecting ducts to absorb water in response to arginine vasopressin. It is characterized by excessive water drinking (polydypsia), excessive urine excretion (polyuria), persistent hypotonic urine, and hypokalemia. Inheritance can be autosomal dominant or recessive.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
- DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
modificationsSer-256 phosphorylation is necessary and sufficient for expression at the apical membrane. Endocytosis is not phosphorylation-dependent.
- Cellular localizationApical cell membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle membrane. Shuttles from vesicles to the apical membrane.
- ADH water channel antibodyAQP 2 antibodyAQP CD antibody
- AQP-2 antibodyAQP-CD antibodyAQP2 antibodyAQP2_HUMAN antibodyAQPCD antibodyAquaporin 2 collecting duct antibodyAquaporin CD antibodyAquaporin-2 antibodyAquaporin-CD antibodyAquaporin2 antibodyAquaporine 2 antibodyCollecting duct water channel protein antibodyMGC34501 antibodyWater channel aquaporin 2 antibodyWater channel protein for renal collecting duct antibodyWCH CD antibodyWCH-CD antibodyWCHCD antibody
References for Anti-Aquaporin 2 antibody (ab15116)
This product has been referenced in:
- Humphreys BD et al. Repair of injured proximal tubule does not involve specialized progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9226-31 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21576461) »
- Song J et al. Characterization and fate of telomerase-expressing epithelia during kidney repair. J Am Soc Nephrol 22:2256-65 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 22021716) »