Anti-Aquaporin 3 antibody (ab125045)
- Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 3 antibodySee all Aquaporin 3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 3
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse
Synthetic peptide: N-CHLEQPPPSTEAENVKLAHMKHKEQI, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 267-292 of Rat Aquaporin 3 (NP_113891.1).
- Positive controlRat kidney tissue; Rat kidney lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125045 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/4000. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/200 - 1/400.|
- FunctionWater channel required to promote glycerol permeability and water transport across cell membranes. Acts as a glycerol transporter in skin and plays an important role in regulating SC (stratum corneum) and epidermal glycerol content. Involved in skin hydration, wound healing, and tumorigenesis. Provides kidney medullary collecting duct with high permeability to water, thereby permitting water to move in the direction of an osmotic gradient. Slightly permeable to urea and may function as a water and urea exit mechanism in antidiuresis in collecting duct cells. It may play an important role in gastrointestinal tract water transport and in glycerol metabolism.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in epithelial cells of kidney (collecting ducts) and airways, in keratinocytes, immature dendritic cells and erythrocytes. Isoform 2 is not detectable in erythrocytes at the protein level.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
- DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
- Cellular localizationBasolateral cell membrane. In collecting ducts of kidney.
- AQP 3 antibodyAQP-3 antibodyAqp3 antibody
- AQP3_HUMAN antibodyAquaglyceroporin-3 antibodyAquaporin 3 (GIL blood group) antibodyAquaporin 3 (Gill blood group) antibodyAquaporin-3 antibodyAquaporin3 antibodyGIL antibodyGill blood group antibody
Anti-Aquaporin 3 antibody images
ab125045, at 1/200 dilution, staining Aquaporin 3 in Rat kidney tissues by Immunofluorescence.
All lanes : Anti-Aquaporin 3 antibody (ab125045) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat kidney lysate
Lane 2 : Rat kidney lysate
Lane 3 : Rat kidney lysate
Lane 4 : Rat kidney lysate
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
References for Anti-Aquaporin 3 antibody (ab125045)
ab125045 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.