Anti-Aquaporin 4 antibody (ab85904)
- Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 4 antibodySee all Aquaporin 4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 4
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide from the C terminal region of Human Aquaporin 4 conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum, 1X PBS
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85904 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa. This antibody has been tested in Western blot against the recombinant peptide used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/300 - 1/2000.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/300 - 1/2000.|
- FunctionForms a water-specific channel. Osmoreceptor which regulates body water balance and mediates water flow within the central nervous system.
- Tissue specificityBrain - muscle >> heart, kidney, lung, and trachea.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
- DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC at Ser-180 reduces conductance by 50%. Phosphorylation by PKG at Ser-111 in response to glutamats increases conductance by 40%.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- AQP 4 antibodyAQP-4 antibodyAQP4 antibody
- AQP4_HUMAN antibodyAquaporin type 4 antibodyAquaporin-4 antibodyAquaporin4 antibodyHMIWC 2 antibodyHMIWC2 antibodyMercurial insensitive water channel antibodyMercurial-insensitive water channel antibodyMGC22454 antibodyMIWC antibodyWCH 4 antibodyWCH4 antibody
References for Anti-Aquaporin 4 antibody (ab85904)
ab85904 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.