Anti-Arg2 antibody (ab88504)
- Product nameAnti-Arg2 antibodySee all Arg2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse polyclonal to Arg2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein, corresponding to amino acids 1-354 of Human Arg2 (AAH29050.1)
- Positive control
- COLO 320 HSR, transfected 293T cell line, human prostate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88504 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMay play a role in the regulation of extra-urea cycle arginine metabolism and also in down-regulation of nitric oxide synthesis. Extrahepatic arginase functions to regulate L-arginine bioavailability to NO synthase. Since NO synthase is found in the penile corpus cavernosum smooth muscle, the clitoral corpus cavernosum and the vagina, arginase II plays a role in both male and female sexual arousal. It is therefore a potential target for the treatment of male and female sexual arousal disorders.
- Tissue specificityExpressed most strongly in kidney and prostate, much less strongly in the brain, skeletal muscle, placenta, lung, mammary gland, macrophage, uterus, testis and gut, but apparently not in the liver, heart and pancreas.
- PathwayNitrogen metabolism; urea cycle; L-ornithine and urea from L-arginine: step 1/1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the arginase family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion.
- ARG2 antibody
- ARGI2_HUMAN antibody
- Arginase II mitochondrial antibody
- Arginase type II antibody
- Arginase-2 antibody
- arginase-2, mitochondrial antibody
- Kidney arginase antibody
- Kidney type arginase antibody
- Kidney-type arginase antibody
- L arginine amidinohydrolase antibody
- L arginine ureahydrolase antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
- Non hepatic arginase antibody
- Non-hepatic arginase antibody
- Nonhepatic arginase antibody
- Type II arginase antibody
Anti-Arg2 antibody images
Anti-Arg2 antibody (ab88504) at 5 µg/ml + COLO 320 HSR at 50 µg
HRP goat anti mouse IgG at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size : 38 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Arg2 antibody (ab88504) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : transfected 293T cell line
Lane 2 : non transfected 293T cell line
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
HRp goat anti mouse IgG at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size : 38 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of Arg2 expression in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human prostate using 3ug ab88504
References for Anti-Arg2 antibody (ab88504)
ab88504 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.