Anti-Aromatase antibody (ab77377)
- Product nameAnti-Aromatase antibodySee all Aromatase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Aromatase
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus Monkey
Synthetic peptide: C-HDLSLHPDETKN, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 475-486 of Human Aromatase (NP_000094.2; NP_112503.1).
- Positive control
- Human Placenta lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab77377 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunising peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77377 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCatalyzes the formation of aromatic C18 estrogens from C19 androgens.
- Tissue specificityBrain, placenta and gonads.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CYP19A1 are a cause of aromatase excess syndrome (AEXS) [MIM:139300]; also known as familial gynecomastia. AEXS is characterized by an estrogen excess due to an increased aromatase activity.
Defects in CYP19A1 are the cause of aromatase deficiency (AROD) [MIM:107910]. AROD is a rare disease in which fetal androgens are not converted into estrogens due to placental aromatase deficiency. Thus, pregnant women exhibit a hirsutism, which spontaneously resolves after post-partum. At birth, female babies present with pseudohermaphroditism due to virilization of extern genital organs. In adult females, manifestations include delay of puberty, breast hypoplasia and primary amenorrhoea with multicystic ovaries.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- ARO 1 antibody
- ARO antibody
- ARO1 antibody
- ARO1 antibody
- Aromatase antibody
- CP19A_HUMAN antibody
- CPV antibody
- CPV1 antibody
- CYAR antibody
- CYP19 antibody
- CYP19A1 antibody
- CYPXIX antibody
- Cytochrome P-450AROM antibody
- Cytochrome P450 19A1 antibody
- Cytochrome P450 family 19 subfamily A polypeptide 1 antibody
- Cytochrome P450, family 19, subfamily A, polypeptide 1 antibody
- Cytochrome P450, subfamily XIX (aromatization of androgens) antibody
- Estrogen synthase antibody
- Estrogen synthetase antibody
- Flavoprotein linked monooxygenase antibody
- MGC104309 antibody
- Microsomal monooxygenase antibody
- OTTHUMP00000162543 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000198350 antibody
- P 450AROM antibody
- P450AROM antibody
Anti-Aromatase antibody images
Anti-Aromatase antibody (ab77377) at 0.1 µg/ml + Human Placenta lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 58 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa
References for Anti-Aromatase antibody (ab77377)
ab77377 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.