Anti-Aurora A antibody (ab61114)
- Product nameAnti-Aurora A antibodySee all Aurora A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aurora A
- Specificityab61114 detects endogenous levels of total Aurora A protein.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Aurora A around the phosphorylation site of threonine 288 (R-T-TP-L-C).
- Positive controlextracts from 293 cells treated with serum (20%, 15mins).
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS(without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab61114 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61114 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500. (see Abreview)|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
- FunctionContributes to the regulation of cell cycle progression. Required for normal mitosis. Associates with the centrosome and the spindle microtubules during mitosis and functions in centrosome maturation, spindle assembly, maintenance of spindle bipolarity, centrosome separation and mitotic checkpoint control. Phosphorylates numerous target proteins, including ARHGEF2, BRCA1, KIF2A, NDEL1, PARD3, PLK1 and BORA. Regulates KIF2A tubulin depolymerase activity (By similarity). Required for normal axon formation. Plays a role in microtubule remodeling during neurite extension. Important for microtubule formation and/or stabilization.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in testis and weakly in skeletal muscle, thymus and spleen. Also highly expressed in colon, ovarian, prostate, neuroblastoma, breast and cervical cancer cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Aurora subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsActivated by phosphorylation at Thr-288; this brings about a change in the conformation of the activation segment. Phosphorylation at Thr-288 varies during the cell cycle and is highest during M phase. Autophosphorylated at Thr-288 upon TPX2 binding. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Ubiquitinated by CHFR, leading to its degradation by the proteasome (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the anaphase-promoting complex (APC), leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle pole. Detected at the neurite hillock in developing neurons (By similarity). Localizes on centrosomes in interphase cells and at each spindle pole in mitosis.
- AIK antibodyARK-1 antibodyARK1 antibody
- AURA antibodyAURKA antibodyAurora 2 antibodyAurora A antibodyAurora Family Kinase 1 antibodyaurora kinase A antibodyAurora Related Kinase 1 antibodyAurora-related kinase 1 antibodyAurora/IPL1 Like Kinase antibodyAurora/IPL1 Related Kinase 1 antibodyAurora/IPL1-related kinase 1 antibodyAURORA2 antibodyAYK1 antibodyBRAK antibodyBreast Tumor Amplified Kinase antibodyBreast tumor-amplified kinase antibodyBTAK antibodyhARK1 antibodyhARK1 antibodyIAK antibodyIPL1 Aurora Related Kinase 1 antibodyIPL1 Related Kinase antibodyMGC34538 antibodyOTTHUMP00000031340 antibodyOTTHUMP00000031341 antibodyOTTHUMP00000031342 antibodyOTTHUMP00000031343 antibodyOTTHUMP00000031344 antibodyOTTHUMP00000031345 antibodyOTTHUMP00000166071 antibodyOTTHUMP00000166072 antibodyPPP1R47 antibodyProtein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 47 antibodySerine/threonine kinase 15 antibodySerine/threonine kinase 6 antibodySerine/threonine kinase antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase 15 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase 6 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase aurora-A antibodySTK15 antibodySTK6 antibodySTK6_HUMAN antibodySTK7 antibody
Anti-Aurora A antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Aurora A antibody (ab61114) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with serum (20%, 15mins)
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with serum (20%, 15mins) with immunising Aurora A peptide
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 45 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab61114 staining Aurora A in human ovarian carcinoma.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus ), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate pH6.1 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab61114 staining Aurora A in Human Fibroblast cells by Immunocytochemistry/Immunoflourescence. Cells were PFA-fixed and permeabilized in methanol for 30 minutes at -20°C prior to blocking in 20% FCS for 30 minutes at room temperature. The primary antibody was diluted 1/500 with the blocking buffer and incubated with the sample for 1 hour. The secondary antibody was a Alexa Fluor 594®-conjugated Goat anti-Mouse polyclonal, diluted 1/1000.
DAPI was used for the nuclear counterstain.
References for Anti-Aurora A antibody (ab61114)
ab61114 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.