Anti-Aurora B antibody [EP1009Y] (ab45145)
- Product nameAnti-Aurora B antibody [EP1009Y]See all Aurora B primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1009Y] to Aurora B
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N-terminus of human Aurora B.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Dissociation constant (Kd) Kd = 5.50 x 10-11 M
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1009Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45145 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/250 - 1/500.
WB: 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa.
Is unsuitable for FACS.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMay be directly involved in regulating the cleavage of polar spindle microtubules and is a key regulator for the onset of cytokinesis during mitosis. Component of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), a complex that acts as a key regulator of mitosis. The CPC complex has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome alignment and segregation and is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assembly. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' and 'Ser-28' of histone H3 during mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1 and SGOL1. Interacts with INCENP.
- Tissue specificityHigh level expression seen in the thymus. It is also expressed in the spleen, lung, testis, colon, placenta and fetal liver. Expressed during S and G2/M phase and expression is up-regulated in cancer cells during M phase.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Disruptive regulation of expression is a possibile mechanism of the perturbation of chromosomal integrity in cancer cells through its dominant-negative effect on cytokinesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Aurora subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by different BCR (BTB-CUL3-RBX1) E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes. Ubiquitinated by the BCR(KLHL9-KLHL13) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, ubiquitination leads to removal from mitotic chromosomes and is required for cytokinesis. During anaphase, the BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex recruits the CPC complex from chromosomes to the spindle midzone and mediates the ubiquitination of AURKB. Ubiquitination of AURKB by BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex may not lead to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Localizes on chromosome arms and inner centromeres from prophase through metaphase and then transferring to the spindle midzone and midbody from anaphase through cytokinesis. Colocalized with gamma tubulin in the mid-body.
- AIK2 antibodyAIM-1 antibodyAIM1 antibody
- ARK-2 antibodyARK2 antibodyAurB antibodyAURKB antibodyAURKB_HUMAN antibodyAurora 1 antibodyAurora and Ipl1 like midbody associated protein 1 antibodyAurora kinase B antibodyAurora related kinase 2 antibodyAurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein 1 antibodyAurora-B antibodyAurora-related kinase 2 antibodyAurora/IPL1 related kinase 2 antibodyAurora/IPL1-related kinase 2 antibodyIPL1 antibodySerine/theronine kinase 12 antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase 12 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase 12 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase aurora-B antibodySTK-1 antibodySTK1 antibodySTK12 antibodySTK5 antibody
Anti-Aurora B antibody [EP1009Y] images
Anti-Aurora B antibody [EP1009Y] (ab45145) at 1/50000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 39 kDa
Ab45145 staining human Aurora B in human Hodgkin lymphoma by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
ab45145 showing positive staining in Normal tonsil tissue.
ab45145 showing positive staining in Breast carcinoma tissue.
ab45145 showing positive staining in Cervical carcinoma tissue.
ab45145 showing positive staining in Urinary bladder transitional carcinoma tissue.
ab45145 showing positive staining in Lung adenocarcinoma tissue.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
References for Anti-Aurora B antibody [EP1009Y] (ab45145)
This product has been referenced in:
- Failes TW et al. Evolution of resistance to Aurora kinase B inhibitors in leukaemia cells. PLoS One 7:e30734 (2012). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22359551) »
- Fraedrich K et al. Targeting aurora kinases with danusertib (PHA-739358) inhibits growth of liver metastases from gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors in an orthotopic xenograft model. Clin Cancer Res 18:4621-32 (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22753592) »