Anti-Aurora B antibody [EPR1010] (ab108331)
- Product nameAnti-Aurora B antibody [EPR1010]See all Aurora B primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1010] to Aurora B
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human Aurora B.
- Positive control
- HeLa treated with nocodazole, HeLa, Fetal thymus, and A549 cell lysates
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR1010
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108331 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
- FunctionMay be directly involved in regulating the cleavage of polar spindle microtubules and is a key regulator for the onset of cytokinesis during mitosis. Component of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), a complex that acts as a key regulator of mitosis. The CPC complex has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome alignment and segregation and is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assembly. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' and 'Ser-28' of histone H3 during mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1 and SGOL1. Interacts with INCENP.
- Tissue specificityHigh level expression seen in the thymus. It is also expressed in the spleen, lung, testis, colon, placenta and fetal liver. Expressed during S and G2/M phase and expression is up-regulated in cancer cells during M phase.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Disruptive regulation of expression is a possibile mechanism of the perturbation of chromosomal integrity in cancer cells through its dominant-negative effect on cytokinesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Aurora subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by different BCR (BTB-CUL3-RBX1) E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes. Ubiquitinated by the BCR(KLHL9-KLHL13) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, ubiquitination leads to removal from mitotic chromosomes and is required for cytokinesis. During anaphase, the BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex recruits the CPC complex from chromosomes to the spindle midzone and mediates the ubiquitination of AURKB. Ubiquitination of AURKB by BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex may not lead to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Localizes on chromosome arms and inner centromeres from prophase through metaphase and then transferring to the spindle midzone and midbody from anaphase through cytokinesis. Colocalized with gamma tubulin in the mid-body.
- AIK2 antibody
- AIM-1 antibody
- AIM1 antibody
- ARK-2 antibody
- ARK2 antibody
- AurB antibody
- AURKB antibody
- AURKB_HUMAN antibody
- Aurora 1 antibody
- Aurora and Ipl1 like midbody associated protein 1 antibody
- Aurora kinase B antibody
- Aurora related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein 1 antibody
- Aurora-B antibody
- Aurora-related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora/IPL1 related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora/IPL1-related kinase 2 antibody
- IPL1 antibody
- Serine/theronine kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase aurora-B antibody
- STK-1 antibody
- STK1 antibody
- STK12 antibody
- STK5 antibody
Anti-Aurora B antibody [EPR1010] images
All lanes : Anti-Aurora B antibody [EPR1010] (ab108331) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa treated with nocodazole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : Fetal thymus cell lysate
Lane 4 : A549 cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 39 kDa
References for Anti-Aurora B antibody [EPR1010] (ab108331)
ab108331 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.