Anti-Aurora B antibody (ab70238)
- Product nameAnti-Aurora B antibodySee all Aurora B primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aurora B
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 300 and the C-terminus (residue 344) of Human Aurora B (Swiss-Prot Q96GD4).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70238 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/5000 - 1/15000. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml.|
- FunctionMay be directly involved in regulating the cleavage of polar spindle microtubules and is a key regulator for the onset of cytokinesis during mitosis. Component of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), a complex that acts as a key regulator of mitosis. The CPC complex has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome alignment and segregation and is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assembly. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' and 'Ser-28' of histone H3 during mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1 and SGOL1. Interacts with INCENP.
- Tissue specificityHigh level expression seen in the thymus. It is also expressed in the spleen, lung, testis, colon, placenta and fetal liver. Expressed during S and G2/M phase and expression is up-regulated in cancer cells during M phase.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Disruptive regulation of expression is a possibile mechanism of the perturbation of chromosomal integrity in cancer cells through its dominant-negative effect on cytokinesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Aurora subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by different BCR (BTB-CUL3-RBX1) E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes. Ubiquitinated by the BCR(KLHL9-KLHL13) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, ubiquitination leads to removal from mitotic chromosomes and is required for cytokinesis. During anaphase, the BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex recruits the CPC complex from chromosomes to the spindle midzone and mediates the ubiquitination of AURKB. Ubiquitination of AURKB by BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex may not lead to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Localizes on chromosome arms and inner centromeres from prophase through metaphase and then transferring to the spindle midzone and midbody from anaphase through cytokinesis. Colocalized with gamma tubulin in the mid-body.
- AIK2 antibodyAIM-1 antibodyAIM1 antibody
- ARK-2 antibodyARK2 antibodyAurB antibodyAURKB antibodyAURKB_HUMAN antibodyAurora 1 antibodyAurora and Ipl1 like midbody associated protein 1 antibodyAurora kinase B antibodyAurora related kinase 2 antibodyAurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein 1 antibodyAurora-B antibodyAurora-related kinase 2 antibodyAurora/IPL1 related kinase 2 antibodyAurora/IPL1-related kinase 2 antibodyIPL1 antibodySerine/theronine kinase 12 antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase 12 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase 12 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase aurora-B antibodySTK-1 antibodySTK1 antibodySTK12 antibodySTK5 antibody
Anti-Aurora B antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Aurora B antibody (ab70238) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from non-adherent HeLa cells treated with nocodazole (20h)
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from adherent HeLa cells treated with nocodazole (20h)
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from non-adherent HeLa cells treated with nocodazole (20h)
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from adherent HeLa cells treated with nocodazole (20h)
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 39 kDa
Additional bands at : 28 kDa,36 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
All lanes : Anti-Aurora B antibody (ab70238) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate from an asynchronous culture
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate treated with cycloheximide for 12 hours
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysatetreated with cycloheximide for 24 hours
Lane 4 : HeLa whole cell lysate treated with cycloheximide for 36 hours
Lane 5 : HeLa whole cell lysate treated with nocodazole for 20 hours
Lysates/proteins at 100 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 39 kDa