Anti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 10735] (ab10735)
- Product nameAnti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 10735]See all Aurora B primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 10735] to Aurora B
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human Aurora B.
(Peptide available as ab13569.)
- Positive control
- In Flow Cytometry, this antibody gave a positive signal in methanol fixed/Tween permeabilised HeLa cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, Tris HCl, 500mM Sodium chloride, 200mM Sodium citrate. pH 7.5
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam 10735
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10735 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 2µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Aurora B peptide (ab13569).|
- FunctionMay be directly involved in regulating the cleavage of polar spindle microtubules and is a key regulator for the onset of cytokinesis during mitosis. Component of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), a complex that acts as a key regulator of mitosis. The CPC complex has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome alignment and segregation and is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assembly. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' and 'Ser-28' of histone H3 during mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1 and SGOL1. Interacts with INCENP.
- Tissue specificityHigh level expression seen in the thymus. It is also expressed in the spleen, lung, testis, colon, placenta and fetal liver. Expressed during S and G2/M phase and expression is up-regulated in cancer cells during M phase.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Disruptive regulation of expression is a possibile mechanism of the perturbation of chromosomal integrity in cancer cells through its dominant-negative effect on cytokinesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Aurora subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by different BCR (BTB-CUL3-RBX1) E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes. Ubiquitinated by the BCR(KLHL9-KLHL13) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, ubiquitination leads to removal from mitotic chromosomes and is required for cytokinesis. During anaphase, the BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex recruits the CPC complex from chromosomes to the spindle midzone and mediates the ubiquitination of AURKB. Ubiquitination of AURKB by BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex may not lead to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Localizes on chromosome arms and inner centromeres from prophase through metaphase and then transferring to the spindle midzone and midbody from anaphase through cytokinesis. Colocalized with gamma tubulin in the mid-body.
- AIK2 antibody
- AIM-1 antibody
- AIM1 antibody
- ARK-2 antibody
- ARK2 antibody
- AurB antibody
- AURKB antibody
- AURKB_HUMAN antibody
- Aurora 1 antibody
- Aurora and Ipl1 like midbody associated protein 1 antibody
- Aurora kinase B antibody
- Aurora related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein 1 antibody
- Aurora-B antibody
- Aurora-related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora/IPL1 related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora/IPL1-related kinase 2 antibody
- IPL1 antibody
- Serine/theronine kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase aurora-B antibody
- STK-1 antibody
- STK1 antibody
- STK12 antibody
- STK5 antibody
Anti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 10735] images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab10735 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab10735, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 10735] (ab10735)
ab10735 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.