Anti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 3609] (ab3609)
- Product nameAnti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 3609]See all Aurora B primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 3609] to Aurora B
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human Aurora B.
(Peptide available as ab13569.)
- Positive control
- Hela whole cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam 3609
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3609 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Aurora B peptide (ab13569). Block with 1% BSA for 1 hour.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionMay be directly involved in regulating the cleavage of polar spindle microtubules and is a key regulator for the onset of cytokinesis during mitosis. Component of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), a complex that acts as a key regulator of mitosis. The CPC complex has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome alignment and segregation and is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assembly. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' and 'Ser-28' of histone H3 during mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1 and SGOL1. Interacts with INCENP.
- Tissue specificityHigh level expression seen in the thymus. It is also expressed in the spleen, lung, testis, colon, placenta and fetal liver. Expressed during S and G2/M phase and expression is up-regulated in cancer cells during M phase.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Disruptive regulation of expression is a possibile mechanism of the perturbation of chromosomal integrity in cancer cells through its dominant-negative effect on cytokinesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Aurora subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by different BCR (BTB-CUL3-RBX1) E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes. Ubiquitinated by the BCR(KLHL9-KLHL13) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, ubiquitination leads to removal from mitotic chromosomes and is required for cytokinesis. During anaphase, the BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex recruits the CPC complex from chromosomes to the spindle midzone and mediates the ubiquitination of AURKB. Ubiquitination of AURKB by BCR(KLHL21) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex may not lead to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Localizes on chromosome arms and inner centromeres from prophase through metaphase and then transferring to the spindle midzone and midbody from anaphase through cytokinesis. Colocalized with gamma tubulin in the mid-body.
- AIK2 antibody
- AIM-1 antibody
- AIM1 antibody
- ARK-2 antibody
- ARK2 antibody
- AurB antibody
- AURKB antibody
- AURKB_HUMAN antibody
- Aurora 1 antibody
- Aurora and Ipl1 like midbody associated protein 1 antibody
- Aurora kinase B antibody
- Aurora related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein 1 antibody
- Aurora-B antibody
- Aurora-related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora/IPL1 related kinase 2 antibody
- Aurora/IPL1-related kinase 2 antibody
- IPL1 antibody
- Serine/theronine kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase 12 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase aurora-B antibody
- STK-1 antibody
- STK1 antibody
- STK12 antibody
- STK5 antibody
Anti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 3609] images
Anti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 3609] (ab3609) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa whole cell lysate at 1 µg/ml
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
SKN-SH cells were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde for 10 mins, permeabilized in PBS-0.5% Triton X-100 for 5 mins and incubated for 30 minutes with ab3609 (1/50 dilution). The slides were blocked with 4mg/ml BSA. The slides were rinsed once in PBS-Triton (0.1%), twice in PBS then incubated with the secondary antibody for 30 mins. The DNA is stained with DAPI (blue). Staining with ab3609 can be seen in green.
Image courtesy of Human Protein Atlas
Paraffin embedded human liver tumor tissue was incubated with ab3609 (1/35 dilution) for 30 mins at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat induction in citrate buffer pH 6.
ab3609 was tested in a tissue microarray (TMA) containing a wide range of normal and cancer tissues as well as a cell microarray consisting of a range of commonly used, well characterised human cell lines. Further images can be found at www.proteinatlas.org
ab3609 (1/200) staining Aurora B in HeLa cells (green). Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilised with 0.5% Triton X-100/PBS and counterstained with DAPI in order to highlight the nucleus/ chromosomes (red). For further experimental details please refer to Abreview.
References for Anti-Aurora B antibody [mAbcam 3609] (ab3609)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wurzenberger C et al. Sds22 and Repo-Man stabilize chromosome segregation by counteracting Aurora B on anaphase kinetochores. J Cell Biol 198:173-83 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22801782) »