Anti-Azurocidin antibody (Biotin) (ab51508)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.5
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa.|
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Enzyme Immunoassay||EIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionThis is a neutrophil granule-derived antibacterial and monocyte- and fibroblast-specific chemotactic glycoprotein. Binds heparin. The cytotoxic action is limited to many species of Gram-negative bacteria; this specificity may be explained by a strong affinity of the very basic N-terminal half for the negatively charged lipopolysaccharides that are unique to the Gram-negative bacterial outer envelope. It may play a role in mediating recruitment of monocytes in the second wave of inflammation. Has antibacterial activity against the Gram-nagative bacterium P.aeruginosa, this activity is inhibited by LPS from P.aeruginosa. Acting alone, it does not have antimicrobial activity against the Gram-negative bacteria A.actinomycetemcomitans ATCC 29532, A.actinomycetemcomitans NCTC 9709, A.actinomycetemcomitans FDC-Y4, H.aphrophilus ATCC 13252, E.corrodens ATCC 23834, C.sputigena ATCC 33123, Capnocytophaga sp ATCC 33124, Capnocytophaga sp ATCC 27872 or E.coli ML-35. Has antibacterial activity against C.sputigena ATCC 33123 when acting synergistically with either elastase or cathepsin G.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Elastase subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. Cytoplasmic granules of neutrophils.
- Azu 1 antibodyAZU1 antibodyAzurocidin antibody
- CAP37 antibodyCAP7_HUMAN antibodyCationic antimicrobial protein 37 antibodyCationic antimicrobial protein CAP37 antibodyHBP antibodyHeparin binding protein antibodyHeparin-binding protein antibodyHUMAZUR antibodyNeutrophil azurocidin antibody
References for Anti-Azurocidin antibody (Biotin) (ab51508)
ab51508 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.