Anti-B Raf antibody [EP152Y] (ab33899)
- Product nameAnti-B Raf antibody [EP152Y]See all B Raf primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP152Y] to B Raf
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: CGEHNPPSIYLEAYEEYT, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 70-86 of Human B Raf
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate, human prostate cancer tissue. This antibody also reacts with rat brain tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP152Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33899 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 87 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/1000.|
- FunctionInvolved in the transduction of mitogenic signals from the cell membrane to the nucleus. May play a role in the postsynaptic responses of hippocampal neuron.
- Tissue specificityBrain and testis.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in BRAF are found in a wide range of cancers.
Defects in BRAF may be a cause of colorectal cancer (CRC) [MIM:114500].
Defects in BRAF are involved in lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980].
Defects in BRAF are involved in non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) [MIM:605027]. NHL is a cancer that starts in cells of the lymph system, which is part of the body's immune system. NHLs can occur at any age and are often marked by enlarged lymph nodes, fever and weight loss.
Defects in BRAF are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
Defects in BRAF are the cause of Noonan syndrome type 7 (NS7) [MIM:613706]. Noonan syndrome is a disorder characterized by facial dysmorphic features such as hypertelorism, a downward eyeslant and low-set posteriorly rotated ears. Other features can include short stature, a short neck with webbing or redundancy of skin, cardiac anomalies, deafness, motor delay and variable intellectual deficits.
Defects in BRAF are the cause of LEOPARD syndrome type 3 (LEOPARD3) [MIM:613707]. LEOPARD3 is a disorder characterized by lentigines, electrocardiographic conduction abnormalities, ocular hypertelorism, pulmonic stenosis, abnormalities of genitalia, retardation of growth, and sensorineural deafness.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving BRAF is found in pilocytic astrocytomas. A tandem duplication of 2 Mb at 7q34 leads to the expression of a KIAA1549-BRAF fusion protein with a constitutive kinase activity and inducing cell transformation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAF subfamily.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 RBD (Ras-binding) domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Colocalizes with RGS14 and RAF1 in both the cytoplasm and membranes.
- FLJ95109 antibody94 kDa B raf protein antibodyB raf 1 antibody
- B raf 1 antibodyB Raf proto oncogene serine threonine protein kinase antibodyB Raf proto oncogene serine threonine protein kinase antibodyBRAF 1 antibodyBRaf antibodyBRaf antibodyBRAF_HUMAN antibodyBRAF1 antibodyBRAF1 antibodycRmil antibodyMGC126806 antibodyMGC138284 antibodyMurine sarcoma viral (v-raf) oncogene homolog B1 antibodyMurine sarcoma viral (v-raf) oncogene homolog B1 antibodyMurine sarcoma viral v raf oncogene homolog B1 antibodyMurine sarcoma viral v raf oncogene homolog B1 antibodyNS7 antibodyp94 antibodyp94 antibodyProto-oncogene B-Raf antibodyProto-oncogene c-Rmil antibodyRAFB 1 antibodyRAFB1 antibodyRAFB1 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase B-raf antibodyv raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 antibodyv raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 antibodyv-Raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 antibody
Anti-B Raf antibody [EP152Y] images
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab33899 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab33899, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Anti-B Raf antibody [EP152Y] (ab33899) at 1/5000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Observed band size : 87 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
This image shows paraffin embedded human prostate cancer tissue sample stained with ab33899 at 1/250 dilution.This image shows paraffin embedded human prostate cancer tissue sample stained with ab33899 at 1/250 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-B Raf antibody [EP152Y] (ab33899) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Lysate prepared from mouse brain
Lane 2 : Lysate prepared from mouse heart
Lane 3 : Lysate prepared from mouse kidney
Lane 4 : Lysate prepared from mouse spleen
Lane 5 : Lysate prepared from rat brain
Lane 6 : Lysate prepared from rat heart
Lane 7 : Lysate prepared from rat kidney
Lane 8 : Lysate prepared from rat spleen
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Exposure time : 3 minutes
ab33899 staining B Raf cells from human prostate tissue by immunohistochemistry (formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Cells were formaldehyde fixed and permeabilized in PBS-Tween 20 prior to blocking in 70% serum for 10 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/250 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 25°C. A biotin conjugated goat polyclonal to mouse Ig was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-B Raf antibody [EP152Y] (ab33899)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hirschi B & Kolligs FT Alternative splicing of BRAF transcripts and characterization of C-terminally truncated B-Raf isoforms in colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer N/A:N/A (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23354951) »
- Khalili JS et al. Oncogenic BRAF(V600E) promotes stromal cell-mediated immunosuppression via induction of interleukin-1 in melanoma. Clin Cancer Res 18:5329-40 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22850568) »