Anti-B Raf antibody (ab59357)
- Product nameAnti-B Raf antibodySee all B Raf primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to B Raf
- Specificityab59357 detects endogenous levels of total B-Raf protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human B-Raf around the phosphorylation site of serine 601 (V-K-SP-R-W).
- Positive control
- Extracts from K562 cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+, Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59357 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa.|
- FunctionInvolved in the transduction of mitogenic signals from the cell membrane to the nucleus. May play a role in the postsynaptic responses of hippocampal neuron.
- Tissue specificityBrain and testis.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in BRAF are found in a wide range of cancers.
Defects in BRAF may be a cause of colorectal cancer (CRC) [MIM:114500].
Defects in BRAF are involved in lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980].
Defects in BRAF are involved in non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) [MIM:605027]. NHL is a cancer that starts in cells of the lymph system, which is part of the body's immune system. NHLs can occur at any age and are often marked by enlarged lymph nodes, fever and weight loss.
Defects in BRAF are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
Defects in BRAF are the cause of Noonan syndrome type 7 (NS7) [MIM:613706]. Noonan syndrome is a disorder characterized by facial dysmorphic features such as hypertelorism, a downward eyeslant and low-set posteriorly rotated ears. Other features can include short stature, a short neck with webbing or redundancy of skin, cardiac anomalies, deafness, motor delay and variable intellectual deficits.
Defects in BRAF are the cause of LEOPARD syndrome type 3 (LEOPARD3) [MIM:613707]. LEOPARD3 is a disorder characterized by lentigines, electrocardiographic conduction abnormalities, ocular hypertelorism, pulmonic stenosis, abnormalities of genitalia, retardation of growth, and sensorineural deafness.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving BRAF is found in pilocytic astrocytomas. A tandem duplication of 2 Mb at 7q34 leads to the expression of a KIAA1549-BRAF fusion protein with a constitutive kinase activity and inducing cell transformation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAF subfamily.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 RBD (Ras-binding) domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Colocalizes with RGS14 and RAF1 in both the cytoplasm and membranes.
- FLJ95109 antibody
- 94 kDa B raf protein antibody
- B raf 1 antibody
- B Raf proto oncogene serine threonine protein kinase antibody
- BRAF 1 antibody
- BRaf antibody
- BRAF_HUMAN antibody
- BRAF1 antibody
- cRmil antibody
- MGC126806 antibody
- MGC138284 antibody
- Murine sarcoma viral (v-raf) oncogene homolog B1 antibody
- Murine sarcoma viral v raf oncogene homolog B1 antibody
- NS7 antibody
- p94 antibody
- Proto-oncogene B-Raf antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-Rmil antibody
- RAFB 1 antibody
- RAFB1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase B-raf antibody
- v raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 antibody
- v-Raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 antibody
Anti-B Raf antibody images
All lanes : Anti-B Raf antibody (ab59357) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from K562 cells, minus immunising peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from K562 cells, plus immunising peptide
Observed band size : 85 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-B Raf antibody (ab59357)
ab59357 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.