Anti-BAFF antibody (ab65360)
- Product nameAnti-BAFF antibodySee all BAFF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BAFF
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 to the C-terminus of Human BAFF.
(Peptide available as ab69714.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human Whole Cell Lysates: Jurkat, HL60, MOLT4
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65360 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal to BAFF (ab9359). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.1µg/ml with ab9359 as Capture.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).Can be blocked with BAFF peptide (ab69714).|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF13B/TACI and TNFRSF17/BCMA. TNFSF13/APRIL binds to the same 2 receptors. Together, they form a 2 ligands -2 receptors pathway involved in the stimulation of B-and T-cell function and the regulation of humoral immunity. A third B-cell specific BAFF-receptor (BAFFR/BR3) promotes the survival of mature B-cells and the B-cell response.
- Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in peripheral blood Leukocytes and is specifically expressed in monocytes and macrophages. Also found in the spleen, lymph node, bone marrow, T-cells and dendritic cells. A lower expression seen in placenta, heart, lung, fetal liver, thymus, and pancreas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 504507 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 10673 Human
- Entrez Gene: 24099 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100038026 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 100101577 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 498666 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 780517 Sheep
- Omim: 603969 Human
- SwissProt: Q9Y275 Human
- SwissProt: Q9WU72 Mouse
- SwissProt: P17773 Sheep
- Unigene: 525157 Human
- Unigene: 596110 Human
- Unigene: 28835 Mouse
- ApoL related ligand TALL 1 antibodyB cell Activating Factor antibodyB lymphocyte stimulator antibody
- B-cell-activating factor antibodyBAFF antibodyBLYS antibodyCD 257 antibodyCD257 antibodyCD257 antigen antibodydelta BAFF antibodyDendritic cell derived TNF like molecule antibodyDendritic cell-derived TNF-like molecule antibodyDTL antibodyDTL precursor antibodyPRO738 antibodysoluble form antibodyTALL 1 antibodyTALL-1 antibodyTALL1 antibodyTHANK antibodyTN13B_HUMAN antibodyTNF and APOL related leukocyte expressed ligand 1 antibodyTNF homolog that activates apoptosis antibodyTNF homolog that activates apoptosis NKFB and JNK. antibodyTNF- and APOL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 1 antibodyTNFSF13B antibodyTNFSF20 antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13B antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 20 antibodyTumor necrosis factor like protein ZTNF4 antibodyTumor necrosis factor superfamily member 13B antibodyUNQ401 antibodyZTNF4 antibody
Anti-BAFF antibody images
All lanes : Anti-BAFF antibody (ab65360) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HL60 (Human promyelocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : MOLT4 (Human acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 31 kDa
Exposure time : 90 seconds
References for Anti-BAFF antibody (ab65360)
ab65360 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.