Anti-BAFF antibody (ab8396)
- Product nameAnti-BAFF antibodySee all BAFF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BAFF
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 254-269 of Human BAFF.
- Positive controlHL60 cell lysate
- General notesBAFF is also known as B cell Activating Factor
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.02% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8396 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.25 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa.Can be blocked with BAFF (C-term) peptide (human) (ab8397).|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF13B/TACI and TNFRSF17/BCMA. TNFSF13/APRIL binds to the same 2 receptors. Together, they form a 2 ligands -2 receptors pathway involved in the stimulation of B-and T-cell function and the regulation of humoral immunity. A third B-cell specific BAFF-receptor (BAFFR/BR3) promotes the survival of mature B-cells and the B-cell response.
- Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in peripheral blood Leukocytes and is specifically expressed in monocytes and macrophages. Also found in the spleen, lymph node, bone marrow, T-cells and dendritic cells. A lower expression seen in placenta, heart, lung, fetal liver, thymus, and pancreas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- ApoL related ligand TALL 1 antibodyB cell Activating Factor antibodyB cell Activating Factor antibody
- B lymphocyte stimulator antibodyB-cell-activating factor antibodyBAFF antibodyBLYS antibodyCD 257 antibodyCD257 antibodyCD257 antigen antibodydelta BAFF antibodyDendritic cell derived TNF like molecule antibodyDendritic cell-derived TNF-like molecule antibodyDTL antibodyDTL precursor antibodyPRO738 antibodysoluble form antibodyTALL 1 antibodyTALL-1 antibodyTALL1 antibodyTHANK antibodyTN13B_HUMAN antibodyTNF and APOL related leukocyte expressed ligand 1 antibodyTNF homolog that activates apoptosis antibodyTNF homolog that activates apoptosis NKFB and JNK. antibodyTNF- and APOL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 1 antibodyTNFSF13B antibodyTNFSF20 antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13B antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 20 antibodyTumor necrosis factor like protein ZTNF4 antibodyTumor necrosis factor superfamily member 13B antibodyUNQ401 antibodyZTNF4 antibody
Anti-BAFF antibody images
All lanes : Anti-BAFF antibody (ab8396) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human HL60 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Murine spleen tissue lysate
Observed band size : 34 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab8396 at 1µg/ml staining BAFF in HL60 cells by ICC/IF
References for Anti-BAFF antibody (ab8396)
ab8396 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.