BCA Protein Quantification Kit (ab102536)
- Product nameBCA Protein Quantification Kit
- Tests1000 x 1 assay
- Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 0.5 µg
- Range0.5 µg - 30 µg
- Assay time1h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam's BCA Protein Quantification Kit provides a simple, rapid, detergent tolerant (up to 5%) procedure for determining the concentration of proteins in solution. The method utilizes a copper (Cu2+) salt which can be reduced to the cuprous state by protein(s). The generated Cu2+ ion forms an intensely colored complex with the bicinchoninic acid reagent with a very strong absorbance band centered at 562 nm. The intensity of the blue complex is proportional to the amount of protein in the sample. The BCA Protein Assay is suitable for measuring protein concentration in the range of 0.5-30 µg protein (0.01-0.6 mg/ml).
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
Components Identifier 1000 tests BCA Reagent NM 1 x 100ml BSA Standard Yellow 1 x 1ml Copper Reagent Blue 1 x 2ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceThe BCA Protein assay (or Smith assay) is a biochemical assay for determining the total level of protein in a solution. The total protein concentration is determined by measuring the color change of the sample solution from green to purple which is proportional to the protein concentration.
- Bicinchoninic acid protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102536 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for BCA Protein Quantification Kit (ab102536)
ab102536 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.