Anti-BDNF antibody [35928.11] (ab10505)
- Product nameAnti-BDNF antibody [35928.11]See all BDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [35928.11] to BDNF
- SpecificityMonoclonal Anti-Human BDNF will neutralize the biological activity of rhBDNF. The antibody shows < 2% cross-reactivity with rhbeta-NGF, rhNT-3 and rhNT-4 based on ELISA and immunoblotting.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant human BDNF (rhBDNF) expressed in Sf 21 insect cells.
- General notesEndotoxin: <10 ng/mg by LAL method.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesThe antibody is purified by Protein A affinity chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number35928.11
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10505 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol (see Kowalski et al).
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml, this concentration of antibody detects BDNF at 300 ng/lane under non-reducing and reducing conditions.Predicted molecular weight: 27.8 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Abrineurin antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF_HUMAN antibody
- Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibody
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor antibody
- MGC34632 antibody
- Neurotrophin antibody
References for Anti-BDNF antibody [35928.11] (ab10505)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hsu YY et al. KMUP-1 attenuates serum deprivation-induced neurotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells: roles of PKG, PI3K/Akt and Bcl-2/Bax pathways. Toxicology 268:46-54 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19962417) »
- Grant MM et al. The presence of ascorbate induces expression of brain derived neurotrophic factor in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells after peroxide insult, which is associated with increased survival. Proteomics 5:534-40 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15627972) »