Anti-BDNF antibody [EP1293] (ab108383)
- Product nameAnti-BDNF antibody [EP1293]See all BDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1293] to BDNF
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive)
- Positive control
- C6, fetal brain, Human hippocampus cell lysates and recombinant protein; PC12 cells
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1293
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108383 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 27-34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa). Increase dilution if high background is observed|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Abrineurin antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF_HUMAN antibody
- Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibody
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor antibody
- MGC34632 antibody
- Neurotrophin antibody
Anti-BDNF antibody [EP1293] images
All lanes : Anti-BDNF antibody [EP1293] (ab108383) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : C6 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Fetal brain lysate
Lane 3 : Human hippocampus lysate
Lane 4 : Recombinant BDNF protein
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 28 kDa
Immunofluorescent staining of PC12 cells using ab108383 at a dilution of 1/100.
ab108383 staining BDNF in human lung tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).
Tissue was fixed in methanol, permeabilized using 0.1% Saponin/PBS, blocked with 4% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C and then incubated with ab108383 at a 1/100 dilution for 14 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was a Texas Red conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal used at a 1/100 dilution.
References for Anti-BDNF antibody [EP1293] (ab108383)
ab108383 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.