Anti-BDNF antibody (ab101747)
- Product nameAnti-BDNF antibodySee all BDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BDNF
- Specificityab101747 is specific for mature BDNF.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide from the C-terminal region of mature Human BDNF conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines:SKNSH
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101747 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa. This antibody has been tested in Western blot against the recombinant peptide used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/300 - 1/2000. Antigen retrieval is recommended.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/300 - 1/2000.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Abrineurin antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF_HUMAN antibody
- Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibody
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor antibody
- MGC34632 antibody
- Neurotrophin antibody
Anti-BDNF antibody images
ab101747 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab101747 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-BDNF antibody (ab101747)
ab101747 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.