Anti-BDNF antibody (ab104769)
- Product nameAnti-BDNF antibodySee all BDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BDNF
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide from internal region of Human mature BDNF conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab104769 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa. This antibody has been tested in Western blot against the recombinant peptide used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/300 - 1/2000. Antigen retrieval is recommended before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/300 - 1/2000.|
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Abrineurin antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF_HUMAN antibody
- Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibody
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor antibody
- MGC34632 antibody
- Neurotrophin antibody
References for Anti-BDNF antibody (ab104769)
ab104769 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.