Anti-BDNF antibody (ab6201)
- Product nameAnti-BDNF antibodySee all BDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BDNF
- SpecificityBy dot blots, less than 0.1% cross-reactivity against mouse NGF, recombinant human NT3 or neurotrophin 4/5.
- Tested applicationsDot Blot, ICC/IF, ELISA, Neutralising, WB, IHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Positive controlIHC-Fr: rat dorsal root ganglion (using a ganglion from an animal perfused with 2% (2% not the usual 4%) formaldehyde, with the addition of 15% picric acid, will reveal BDNF in many small diameter neurons. WB: dorsal root ganglia is recommended as the best positive control, but if not available, then both brain or spinal cord extracts can be used.
- General notesThis antibody has proven particularly useful for western blot, immunohistochemistry and biological inhibition. For immunohistochemistry, cell bodies are clearly stained as well as some nerve terminals in the dorsal horn of the rat spinal cord. The antiserum does not stain the finest nerve terminals.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C (add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 10mM PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6201 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot Blot||Dot: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use a concentration of 2 - 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. PubMed: 18971468Using ABC or tyramide amplification may be required to enhance the signal.|
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome (CCHS) [MIM:209880]: Rare disorder characterized by abnormal control of respiration in the absence of neuromuscular or lung disease, or an identifiable brain stem lesion. A deficiency in autonomic control of respiration results in inadequate or negligible ventilatory and arousal responses to hypercapnia and hypoxemia. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Abrineurin antibodyBDNF antibodyBDNF antibody
- BDNF_HUMAN antibodyBrain Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibodyBrain-derived neurotrophic factor antibodyMGC34632 antibodyMGC34632 antibodyNeurotrophin antibody
Anti-BDNF antibody images
ab6201 BDNF antibody immunostaining in the ventral horn of the spinal cord. Protocol: free floating, PFA/picric acid perfusion fixed rat coronal sections (30 microns) were incubated overnight in ab6201 (1/500) followed by 1 night of postfixation). Immunofluorescence was visualised with TSA amplification.
ab6201 BDNF antibody immunostaining BDNF-containing hippocampal neurons. Protocol: PFA(only)-fixed free floating coronal rat brain sections (30 microns) were incubated for 3 days with ab6201 at 1/100 followed by direct immunofluorescence detection (alexa488; 1/1000). We recommend using an amplification IHC protocol following PFA/picric acid fixation of brain tissue for optimising BDNF detection using ab6201
ICC/IF image of ab6201 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab6201, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-BDNF antibody (ab6201) at 1 µg/ml +
BDNF protein (Active) (ab9794) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 4 minutes
References for Anti-BDNF antibody (ab6201)
This product has been referenced in:
- Alhusban A et al. AT1 receptor antagonism is proangiogenic in the brain: BDNF a novel mediator. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 344:348-59 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23211364) »
- Cekic M et al. Progesterone treatment alters neurotrophin/proneurotrophin balance and receptor expression in rats with traumatic brain injury. Restor Neurol Neurosci 30:115-26 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22232032) »