Anti-BDNF antibody (ab72439)
- Product nameAnti-BDNF antibodySee all BDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BDNF
- SpecificityThis antibody appears to be specific for BDNF; it shows no cross-reactivity with other neurotrophic factors.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
A synthetic peptide from human BDNF conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein. The peptide is homologous in many other species including rat, mouse, zebra fish and xenopus. Peptide available as ab97400.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72439 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml.
WB: Use at a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Abrineurin antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF_HUMAN antibody
- Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibody
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor antibody
- MGC34632 antibody
- Neurotrophin antibody
Anti-BDNF antibody images
ab72439 staining BDNF in Mouse ovarian tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was blocked with 10% serum in 0.1% Triton X-100; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer (pH 6.0). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) overnight at 4°C. A HRP-conjugated Horse anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/2000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-BDNF antibody (ab72439) at 1/10 dilution + SK N SH (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 28 kDa
Observed band size : 28 kDa
Additional bands at : 52 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-BDNF antibody (ab72439)
This product has been referenced in:
- Silasi G et al. Prolonged therapeutic hypothermia does not adversely impact neuroplasticity after global ischemia in rats. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 32:1525-34 (2012). IHC-P ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22434072) »
- Wu LM et al. Chronic unpredictable stress decreases expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in mouse ovaries: relationship to oocytes developmental potential. PLoS One 7:e52331 (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23284991) »