Anti-BDNF antibody (ab75040)
- Product nameAnti-BDNF antibodySee all BDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to BDNF
- Specificityab75040 will recognise both pro and mature forms, but not the pre-region per se as the epitope is on the sequence yielding the mature form after cleavage.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IHC-FrFl more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
A synthetic peptide from human mature BDNF conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75040 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 14 , 28 kDa.Can be blocked with BDNF peptide (ab102031). This antibody has been tested in Western blot against the recombinant peptide used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml.|
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Entrez Gene: 627 Human
- Entrez Gene: 12064 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24225 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 378585 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 58118 Zebrafish
- Omim: 113505 Human
- SwissProt: P23560 Human
- SwissProt: P21237 Mouse
- SwissProt: P23363 Rat
- SwissProt: P25432 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 502182 Human
- Unigene: 1442 Mouse
- Unigene: 11266 Rat
- Unigene: 21455 Xenopus laevis
- Abrineurin antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF_HUMAN antibody
- Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibody
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor antibody
- MGC34632 antibody
- Neurotrophin antibody
Anti-BDNF antibody images
ab75040 staining cultured rat DRG neurons by ICC/IF. The cultured neurons were fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 10% donkey serum for 1 hour at 24°C. The cultured neurons were then stained with ab75040 at 1/100 in 0.3% TritonX with 0.1x PBS and 10% donkey serum for 24h at 4°C. An Alexa Fluro 488 donkey anti-sheep polyclonal antibody at 1/1000 was used as the secondary antibody. Beta II tubulin (which stains the axons) can be observed in red (Alexa fluro 568 secondary). BDNF is observable in the DRG neuron's growth cones.
ab75040 staining human brain (striatum) sections by IHC-FrFl. The tissue sections were stained with ab75040 at a 1/100 dilution in 0.3% TritonX with 0.1x PBS and 10% donkey serum for 1h at 24°C. A donkey anti-rabbit Alexa488 polyclonal antibody at 1/1000 was used as the secondary antibody. BDNF expression can be observed in neuronal cell bodies and in processes.
IHC-FoFr image of BDNF staining on rat cortex sections using ab75040 (1:100). The image shows sections incubated with ab75040(right) and without ab75040 (left). The tissues were fixed (animals perfused fixed) with 4% PFA and later postfixed overnight in the same fixative. They were cryoprotected in 30% sucrose and cut using a cryostat.
References for Anti-BDNF antibody (ab75040)
ab75040 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.