Anti-BIN1 antibody (ab106937)
- Product nameAnti-BIN1 antibodySee all BIN1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to BIN1
- Specificityab106937 is expected to recognize isoform 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (NP_647593.1, NP_647594.1, NP_647595.1, NP_647596.1, NP_647597.1, NP_647598.1, NP_647599.1, NP_004296.1, NP_647600.1, NP_647601.1).
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Pig
Synthetic peptide: C-SDNAPAKGNKSPS, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 286-298 of Human BIN1 (NP_647593.1)
- Positive controlHuman skeletal muscle lysates
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106937 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70, 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).|
- FunctionMay be involved in regulation of synaptic vesicle endocytosis. May act as a tumor suppressor and inhibits malignant cell transformation.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression in the brain and muscle. Isoform IIA is expressed only in the brain where it is concentrated in axon initial segments and nodes of Ranvier. Isoform BIN1 is widely expressed with highest expression in skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in BIN1 are the cause of centronuclear myopathy autosomal recessive (ARCNM) [MIM:255200]; also known as autosomal recessive myotubular myopathy. Centronuclear myopathies are congenital muscle disorders characterized by progressive muscular weakness and wasting involving mainly limb girdle, trunk, and neck muscles. It may also affect distal muscles. Weakness may be present during childhood or adolescence or may not become evident until the third decade of life. Ptosis is a frequent clinical feature. The most prominent histopathologic features include high frequency of centrally located nuclei in muscle fibers not secondary to regeneration, radial arrangement of sarcoplasmic strands around the central nuclei, and predominance and hypotrophy of type 1 fibers.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 BAR domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by protein kinase C.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Nucleus.
- AMPH 2 antibodyAMPH2 antibodyAmphiphysin 2 antibody
- Amphiphysin II antibodyAmphiphysin like protein antibodyamphiphysin-like antibodyAmphiphysin-like protein antibodyAMPHL antibodyBin1 antibodyBIN1_HUMAN antibodyBox Dependant MYC Interacting Protein 1 antibodyBox-dependent myc-interacting protein 1 antibodyBridging Integrator 1 antibodyDKFZp547F068 antibodyMGC10367 antibodyMGC105358 antibodyMyc box dependent interacting protein 1 antibodyMyc box-dependent-interacting protein 1 antibodySH3P9 antibody
Anti-BIN1 antibody images
Anti-BIN1 antibody (ab106937) at 0.1 µg/ml + Human skeletal muscle lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 65 kDa
Observed band size : 60 + 70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 hour
References for Anti-BIN1 antibody (ab106937)
ab106937 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.