Anti-BMP7 antibody (ab27569)
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute in 200ul sterile water to a concentration of 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents:0.5 X PBS, pH 7.4.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing immobilized hBMP7 matrix.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27569 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to BMP7 (Biotin) (ab84030). Use as Capture antibody.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionInduces cartilage and bone formation. May be the osteoinductive factor responsible for the phenomenon of epithelial osteogenesis. Plays a role in calcium regulation and bone homeostasis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the kidney and bladder. Lower levels seen in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Developmental stageExpressed in the developing eye, brain and ear during embryogenesis.
modificationsSeveral N-termini starting at positions 293, 300, 315 and 316 have been identified by direct sequencing resulting in secretion of different mature forms (PubMed:17977014).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- BMP 7 antibodyBMP-7 antibodyBmp7 antibody
- BMP7_HUMAN antibodyBone morphogenetic protein 7 antibodyBone Morphogenic Protein 7 antibodyEptotermin alfa antibodyOP 1 antibodyOP-1 antibodyOP1 antibodyOsteogenic protein 1 antibody
Anti-BMP7 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab27569 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab27569, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ICC/IF image of Rat primary hepatocytes culture cells stained with ab27569. The cells were fixed with 4% PFA and incubated in 5% normal donkey serum in 0.1% PBS- and triton X100 for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab27569, 1µg/ml) and (ab15640) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 donkey anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 568 (red) at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-BMP7 antibody (ab27569)
This product has been referenced in:
- Roxburgh SA et al. Allelic depletion of grem1 attenuates diabetic kidney disease. Diabetes 58:1641-50 (2009). WB ; Human, Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19401426) »
- Yan W & Chen X Targeted repression of bone morphogenetic protein 7, a novel target of the p53 family, triggers proliferative defect in p53-deficient breast cancer cells. Cancer Res 67:9117-24 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17909016) »