Anti-BNIP3 antibody (ab38621)
- Product nameAnti-BNIP3 antibodySee all BNIP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BNIP3
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
KLH conjugated synthetic peptide, selected from within aa 1-100 (BH3 domain) of human NIP3.
- Positive controlMouse brain tissue lysate and Ramos cell lysate, breast carcinoma tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38621 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionApoptosis-inducing protein that, which can overcome BCL2 suppression. May play a role in repartitioning calcium between the two major intracellular calcium stores in association with BCL2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NIP3 family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Mitochondrion membrane. Coexpression with the EIB 19-kDa protein results in a shift in NIP3 localization pattern to the nuclear envelope. Colocalizes with ACAA2 in the mitochondria.
- BCL2 Adenovirus E1B 19kDa Interacting Protein 3 antibodyBCL2 Adenovirus E1B 19kDa Interacting Protein 3 antibodyBCL2/adenovirus E1B 19 kDa protein interacting protein 3 antibody
- BCL2/adenovirus E1B 19 kDa protein-interacting protein 3 antibodyBNIP 3 antibodyBNIP3 antibodyBNIP3_HUMAN antibodyNIP 3 antibodyNIP3 antibodyNIP3 antibody
Anti-BNIP3 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-BNIP3 antibody (ab38621) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse brain tissue lysate
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Observed band size : 22 kDa
Additional bands at : 15 kDa,60 kDa,65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
This image shows human breast carcinoma stained with ab38621 at 1/50 dilution.
This image shows human colon carcinoma stained with ab38621 at 5ug/200ul dilution.
ICC/IF image of ab38621 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab38621, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-BNIP3 antibody (ab38621)
This product has been referenced in:
- Millar NL et al. Hypoxia: a critical regulator of early human tendinopathy. Ann Rheum Dis 71:302-10 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21972243) »
- Wu SY et al. Ras-related tumorigenesis is suppressed by BNIP3-mediated autophagy through inhibition of cell proliferation. Neoplasia 13:1171-82 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22241963) »