Anti-BNP antibody [50E1] (ab20984)
- Product nameAnti-BNP antibody [50E1]See all BNP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [50E1] to BNP
- Specificityab20984 detects Human BNP and proBNP.
- Tested applicationsELISA, Sandwich ELISA, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (last 32 amino acids corresponding to a.a. 77-108 of proBNP molecule, which does not include the 26 amino acid signaling peptide sequence), conjugated with carrier protein. (Human).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number50E1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20984 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be paired for ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [16F3] to proBNP (HRP) (ab13124).|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [24C5] to BNP (HRP) (ab14699) and Mouse monoclonal [26E2] to BNP (HRP) (ab14701). Can be used as capture antibody|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21482747|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
- RelevanceBrain natriuretic peptide (BNP) circulates in blood as a peptide hormone with natriuretic, vasodilatory and renin inhibitory properties. BNP is secreted predominantly by the left ventricular myocytes in response to volume expansion and pressure overload. BNP belongs to a family of structurally similar peptide hormones, which includes atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), BNP, C type natriuretic peptide (CNP) and urodilatin. These peptides are characterized by a common 17 amino acid ring structure with a disulfide bond between two cystein residues. This ring structure shows high homology between different natriuretic peptides (eleven of the 17 amino acid residues are homologous in the ring of each of the natriuretic peptides). BNP is a 32 amino acid peptide with disulfide bond between the cysteine residues Cys10 and Cys26. In earlier studies it has been demonstrated that BNP concentration in blood increases with the severity of congestive heart failure. Quantitative measurement of BNP in blood provides an objective indicator of congestive heart failure severity.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- BNP 32 antibodyBrain natriuretic peptide 32 antibodyBrain type natriuretic peptide antibody
- Gamma brain natriuretic peptide antibodyNatriuretic peptide B antibodyNatriuretic peptide brain type antibodyNatriuretic peptide precursor B antibodyNatriuretic peptides B antibodyNPPB antibodyNPPB protein antibody
References for Anti-BNP antibody [50E1] (ab20984)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tonne JM et al. Secretion of glycosylated pro-B-type natriuretic peptide from normal cardiomyocytes. Clin Chem 57:864-73 (2011). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21482747) »