Anti-BRD8 antibody (ab17968)
- Product nameAnti-BRD8 antibodySee all BRD8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BRD8
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide: LCLASS VMRSGDQNWV SVSRAIKPFA EPGRPPDWFSQKHCASQYSE LLETT , corresponding to amino acids 25-75 of Human BRD8.
- EpitopeThe epitope recognized by ab17968 maps to a region between residues 25 and 75 of human Bromodomain.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17968 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/10000 - 1/25000. Predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use 2-8µg for 108 cells.|
- RelevanceBRD8 may act as a coactivator during transcriptional activation by hormone-activated nuclear receptors (NR). Isoform 2 stimulates transcriptional activation by AR/DHTR, ESR1/NR3A1, RXRA/NR2B1 and THRB/ERBA2. At least isoform 1 and isoform 2 are components of the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase (HAT) complex which is involved in transcriptional activation of select genes principally by acetylation of nucleosomal histone H4 and H2A. This modification may both alter nucleosome - DNA interactions and promote interaction of the modified histones with other proteins which positively regulate transcription. This complex may be required for the activation of transcriptional programs associated with oncogene and proto-oncogene mediated growth induction, tumor suppressor mediated growth arrest and replicative senescence, apoptosis, and DNA repair. NuA4 may also play a direct role in DNA repair when recruited to sites of DNA damage. It interacts with MYC and adenovirus E1A protein.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- BRD8 antibodyBromodomain containing 8 antibodyp120 antibody
- Skeletal muscle abundant protein 2 antibodySkeletal Muscle Abundant Protein antibodySMAP antibodySMAP2 antibodyThyroid hormone receptor coactivating protein 120kDa antibodyThyroid Hormone Receptor Coactivating Protein antibody
Anti-BRD8 antibody images
Predicted band size : 120 kDa
Ab17968 at the concentrations stated, staining human BRD8 in (A) Nuclear extract (NE; 5, 15 and 50ug) from HeLa cells, (B) nuclear extract (1mg) from HeLa cells. Detection was by chemiluminescence with exposure times of less than 1 minute.