Anti-BTK (phospho Y551) antibody [EP267Y] (ab40770)
- Product nameAnti-BTK (phospho Y551) antibody [EP267Y]See all BTK primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP267Y] to BTK (phospho Y551)
- SpecificityThe antibody will detect BTK phosphorylation on Tyrosine 551.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyrosine 551 of human BTK.
- Positive control
- K562 cell lysate, Jurkat cell lysate (Pervanadate treated)
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP267Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40770 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 74 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa).
Is unsuitable for FACS, IHC or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionPlays a crucial role in B-cell ontogeny. Transiently phosphorylates GTF2I on tyrosine residues in response to B-cell receptor cross-linking. Required for the formation of functional ARID3A DNA-binding complexes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in BTK are the cause of X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA) [MIM:300755]; also known as X-linked agammaglobulinemia type 1 (AGMX1) or immunodeficiency type 1 (IMD1). XLA is a humoral immunodeficiency disease which results in developmental defects in the maturation pathway of B-cells. Affected boys have normal levels of pre-B-cells in their bone marrow but virtually no circulating mature B-lymphocytes. This results in a lack of immunoglobulins of all classes and leads to recurrent bacterial infections like otitis, conjunctivitis, dermatitis, sinusitis in the first few years of life, or even some patients present overwhelming sepsis or meningitis, resulting in death in a few hours. Treatment in most cases is by infusion of intravenous immunoglobulin.
Defects in BTK may be the cause of X-linked hypogammaglobulinemia and isolated growth hormone deficiency (XLA-IGHD) [MIM:307200]; also known as agammaglobulinemia and isolated growth hormone deficiency or Fleisher syndrome or isolated growth hormone deficiency type 3 (IGHD3). In rare cases XLA is inherited together with isolated growth hormone deficiency (IGHD).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. TEC subfamily.
Contains 1 Btk-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on Tyr-223 and Tyr-551. Phosphorylation of Tyr-223 may create a docking site for a SH2 containing protein.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Nucleus.
- Agammaglobulinaemia tyrosine kinase antibody
- AGMX 1 antibody
- AGMX1 antibody
- AT antibody
- ATK antibody
- ATK antibody
- B cell progenitor kinase antibody
- B-cell progenitor kinase antibody
- BPK antibody
- Bruton agammaglobulinemia tyrosine kinase antibody
- Bruton tyrosine kinase antibody
- Bruton’s Tyrosine Kinase antibody
- Btk antibody
- BTK_HUMAN antibody
- IMD 1 antibody
- IMD1 antibody
- MGC126261 antibody
- MGC126262 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000063593 antibody
- PSCTK 1 antibody
- PSCTK1 antibody
- Tyrosine protein kinase BTK antibody
- Tyrosine-protein kinase BTK antibody
- XLA antibody
Anti-BTK (phospho Y551) antibody [EP267Y] images
All lanes : Anti-BTK (phospho Y551) antibody [EP267Y] (ab40770) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : K562 cell lysate non-treated
Lane 2 : K562 cell lysate + Pervanadate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate non-treated
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate + Pervanadate
Predicted band size : 74 kDa
Observed band size : 74 kDa
References for Anti-BTK (phospho Y551) antibody [EP267Y] (ab40770)
This product has been referenced in:
- Daniel JL et al. Cbl-b is a novel physiologic regulator of glycoprotein VI-dependent platelet activation. J Biol Chem 285:17282-91 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20400514) »
- Grasis JA et al. In vivo significance of ITK-SLP-76 interaction in cytokine production. Mol Cell Biol 30:3596-609 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20457812) »