Anti-Bad (phospho S112) antibody (ab1435)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS pH7.2 with 50% glycerol, 1% BSA and 0.02% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1435 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 - 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
- FunctionPromotes cell death. Successfully competes for the binding to Bcl-X(L), Bcl-2 and Bcl-W, thereby affecting the level of heterodimerization of these proteins with BAX. Can reverse the death repressor activity of Bcl-X(L), but not that of Bcl-2 (By similarity). Appears to act as a link between growth factor receptor signaling and the apoptotic pathways.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
- DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or more of Ser-75, Ser-99, Ser-118 and Ser-134 in response to survival stimuli, which blocks its pro-apoptotic activity. Phosphorylation on Ser-99 or Ser-75 promotes heterodimerization with 14-3-3 proteins. This interaction then facilitates the phosphorylation at Ser-118, a site within the BH3 motif, leading to the release of Bcl-X(L) and the promotion of cell survival. Ser-99 is the major site of AKT/PKB phosphorylation, Ser-118 the major site of protein kinase A (CAPK) phosphorylation. Ser-75 is phosphorylated by AKT/PKB, protein kinase A and PIM2.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cytoplasm. Upon phosphorylation, locates to the cytoplasm.
- BAD antibodyBAD_HUMAN antibodyBBC 2 antibody
- BBC2 antibodyBBC6 antibodyBcl 2 Antagonist of Cell Death antibodyBcl 2 Binding Component 6 antibodyBCL X / BCL 2 Binding Protein antibodyBCL X Binding Protein antibodyBcl XL/Bcl 2 Associated Death Promoter antibodyBcl-2-binding component 6 antibodyBcl-2-like protein 8 antibodyBcl-XL/Bcl-2-associated death promoter antibodyBcl2 antagonist of cell death antibodyBCL2 antagonist of cell death protein antibodyBCL2 associated agonist of cell death antibodyBcl2 Associated Death Promoter antibodyBCL2 binding component 6 antibodyBCL2 binding protein antibodyBcl2 Like 8 Protein antibodyBcl2-L-8 antibodyBCL2L8 antibodyBclXL antibodyProapoptotic BH3 Only Protein antibody
Anti-Bad (phospho S112) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Bad (phospho S112) antibody (ab1435) at 10 µg/ml
Lane 2 : COS cell lysate. Anti-BAD antibody used as a loading control.
Lane 3 : COS cell lysate. Anti-BAD antibody used as a loading control.
Lane 4 : COS cell lysate. Anti-BAD antibody used as a loading control.
Lane 5 : COS cell lysate. Anti-BAD antibody used as a loading control.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 24 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Bad (phospho S112) antibody (ab1435)
ab1435 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.