Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide free (ab77566)
- Product nameAnti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide freeSee all Bax primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2D2] to Bax - BSA and Azide free
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Cat, Dog, Chimpanzee, Macaque Monkey
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide: Cys-GSGEQPRGGGPTSS, corresponding to amino acids 3-16 of Human Bax
- Positive controlHeLa cells. Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2D2
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77566 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.2 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit monoclonal [E63] to Bax (ab32503). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 0.2µg/ml with ab32503 as Detection.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Perform antigen retrieval by boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0. Incubate antibody for 30 min at RT.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionAccelerates programmed cell death by binding to, and antagonizing the apoptosis repressor BCL2 or its adenovirus homolog E1B 19k protein. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes translocation to the mitochondrion membrane, leading to the release of cytochrome c that then triggers apoptosis. Promotes activation of CASP3, and thereby apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues. Isoform Psi is found in glial tumors. Isoform Alpha is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, colon and brain, and at low levels in skin and lung. Isoform Sigma is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, lung, colon, brain and at low levels in skin. Isoform Alpha and isoform Sigma are expressed in pro-myelocytic leukemia, histiocytic lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, T-cell lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, breast adenocarcinoma, ovary adenocarcinoma, prostate carcinoma, prostate adenocarcinoma, lung carcinoma, epidermoid carcinoma, small cell lung carcinoma and colon adenocarcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
- DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion membrane. Cytoplasm. Colocalizes with 14-3-3 proteins in the cytoplasm. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes release from JNK-phosphorylated 14-3-3 proteins and translocation to the mitochondrion membrane.
- Apoptosis regulator BAX antibodyApoptosis regulator BAX cytoplasmic isoform beta antibodyApoptosis regulator BAX membrane isoform alpha antibody
- BAX antibodyBax isoform psi antibodyBAX protein cytoplasmic isoform delta antibodyBax protein cytoplasmic isoform gamma antibodyBax zeta antibodyBax-protein antibodyBAX_HUMAN antibodyBcl-2-like protein 4 antibodyBCL2 associated X protein antibodyBCL2 associated X protein omega antibodyBcl2-L-4 antibodyBCL2L4 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218291 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218292 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218293 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218294 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218295 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218296 antibody
Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide free images
Standard Curve for Bax (Analyte: ab85157) dilution range 1pg/ml to 1ug/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [2D2] to Bax - BSA and Azide free (ab77566) at 0.2ug/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit monoclonal [E63] to Bax (ab32503) at 0.5ug/ml Concentration of ab32503 may vary from lot to lot; please use this curve as guideline.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human Hodgkin’s lymphoma stained with 4ug/ml ab77566 using peroxidase-conjugate and DAB chromogen. Note membrane staining of Reed-Sternberg cells.
Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide free (ab77566) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa cells lysate
Predicted band size : 21 kDa
Observed band size : 21 kDa
References for Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide free (ab77566)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hsu YT & Youle RJ Nonionic detergents induce dimerization among members of the Bcl-2 family. J Biol Chem 272:13829-34 (1997). WB . Read more (PubMed: 9153240) »
- Hsu YT et al. Cytosol-to-membrane redistribution of Bax and Bcl-X(L) during apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3668-72 (1997). WB . Read more (PubMed: 9108035) »