Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide free (ab77566)
- Product nameAnti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide freeSee all Bax primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2D2] to Bax - BSA and Azide free
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, Sandwich ELISA, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Cat, Dog, Chimpanzee, Macaque Monkey
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Bax aa 3-16 (Cysteine residue).
Database link: Q07812
- Positive control
- HeLa cells. Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2D2
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77566 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.2 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit monoclonal [E63] to Bax (ab32503).|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionAccelerates programmed cell death by binding to, and antagonizing the apoptosis repressor BCL2 or its adenovirus homolog E1B 19k protein. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes translocation to the mitochondrion membrane, leading to the release of cytochrome c that then triggers apoptosis. Promotes activation of CASP3, and thereby apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues. Isoform Psi is found in glial tumors. Isoform Alpha is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, colon and brain, and at low levels in skin and lung. Isoform Sigma is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, lung, colon, brain and at low levels in skin. Isoform Alpha and isoform Sigma are expressed in pro-myelocytic leukemia, histiocytic lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, T-cell lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, breast adenocarcinoma, ovary adenocarcinoma, prostate carcinoma, prostate adenocarcinoma, lung carcinoma, epidermoid carcinoma, small cell lung carcinoma and colon adenocarcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
- DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion membrane. Cytoplasm. Colocalizes with 14-3-3 proteins in the cytoplasm. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes release from JNK-phosphorylated 14-3-3 proteins and translocation to the mitochondrion membrane.
- Apoptosis regulator BAX antibody
- Apoptosis regulator BAX cytoplasmic isoform beta antibody
- Apoptosis regulator BAX membrane isoform alpha antibody
- BAX antibody
- Bax isoform psi antibody
- BAX protein cytoplasmic isoform delta antibody
- Bax protein cytoplasmic isoform gamma antibody
- Bax zeta antibody
- Bax-protein antibody
- BAX_HUMAN antibody
- Bcl-2-like protein 4 antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein omega antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein transcript variant delta2 antibody
- Bcl2-L-4 antibody
- BCL2L4 antibody
Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide free images
Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide free (ab77566) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size : 21 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human Hodgkin's lymphoma tissue, staining Bax with ab77566 at 4 µg/ml.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab77566 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab77566, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Standard Curve for Bax (Analyte: ab85157) dilution range 1pg/ml to 1ug/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [2D2] to Bax - BSA and Azide free (ab77566) at 0.2ug/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit monoclonal [E63] to Bax (ab32503) at 0.5ug/ml Concentration of ab32503 may vary from lot to lot; please use this curve as guideline.
References for Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] - BSA and Azide free (ab77566)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hsu YT & Youle RJ Nonionic detergents induce dimerization among members of the Bcl-2 family. J Biol Chem 272:13829-34 (1997). WB . Read more (PubMed: 9153240) »
- Hsu YT et al. Cytosol-to-membrane redistribution of Bax and Bcl-X(L) during apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3668-72 (1997). WB . Read more (PubMed: 9108035) »