Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] (ab16119)
- Product nameAnti-Bax antibody [2D2]See all Bax primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2D2] to Bax
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cat, Dog
Synthetic peptide: MDGSGEQPRGGGPTSS, corresponding to amino acids 3-16 of Human Bax.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesThis antibody is provided as a 0.2µm sterile filtered solution.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2D2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16119 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
- FunctionAccelerates programmed cell death by binding to, and antagonizing the apoptosis repressor BCL2 or its adenovirus homolog E1B 19k protein. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes translocation to the mitochondrion membrane, leading to the release of cytochrome c that then triggers apoptosis. Promotes activation of CASP3, and thereby apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues. Isoform Psi is found in glial tumors. Isoform Alpha is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, colon and brain, and at low levels in skin and lung. Isoform Sigma is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, lung, colon, brain and at low levels in skin. Isoform Alpha and isoform Sigma are expressed in pro-myelocytic leukemia, histiocytic lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, T-cell lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, breast adenocarcinoma, ovary adenocarcinoma, prostate carcinoma, prostate adenocarcinoma, lung carcinoma, epidermoid carcinoma, small cell lung carcinoma and colon adenocarcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
- DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion membrane. Cytoplasm. Colocalizes with 14-3-3 proteins in the cytoplasm. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes release from JNK-phosphorylated 14-3-3 proteins and translocation to the mitochondrion membrane.
- apoptosis regulator BAX antibodyApoptosis regulator BAX cytoplasmic isoform beta antibodyApoptosis regulator BAX membrane isoform alpha antibody
- BAX antibodyBax isoform psi antibodyBAX protein cytoplasmic isoform delta antibodyBax protein cytoplasmic isoform delta. antibodyBax protein cytoplasmic isoform gamma antibodyBax zeta antibodyBax-protein antibodyBAX_HUMAN antibodyBcl-2-like protein 4 antibodyBCL2 associated X protein antibodyBCL2 associated X protein omega antibodyBcl2-L-4 antibodyBCL2L4 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218291 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218292 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218293 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218294 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218295 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218296 antibody
References for Anti-Bax antibody [2D2] (ab16119)
This product has been referenced in:
- Brito PM et al. Resveratrol disrupts peroxynitrite-triggered mitochondrial apoptotic pathway: a role for Bcl-2. Apoptosis 13:1043-53 (2008). WB ; Cow . Read more (PubMed: 18584328) »