Anti-Bax (phospho S184) antibody (ab111391)
- Product nameAnti-Bax (phospho S184) antibodySee all Bax primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bax (phospho S184)
- Specificityab111391 detects endogenous levels of Bax only when phosphorylated at serine 184.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human Bax (C terminal) (phospho S184). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q07812
- Positive control
- Human brain tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
(without Mg2+ and Ca2+)
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab111391 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab111391 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionAccelerates programmed cell death by binding to, and antagonizing the apoptosis repressor BCL2 or its adenovirus homolog E1B 19k protein. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes translocation to the mitochondrion membrane, leading to the release of cytochrome c that then triggers apoptosis. Promotes activation of CASP3, and thereby apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues. Isoform Psi is found in glial tumors. Isoform Alpha is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, colon and brain, and at low levels in skin and lung. Isoform Sigma is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, lung, colon, brain and at low levels in skin. Isoform Alpha and isoform Sigma are expressed in pro-myelocytic leukemia, histiocytic lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, T-cell lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, breast adenocarcinoma, ovary adenocarcinoma, prostate carcinoma, prostate adenocarcinoma, lung carcinoma, epidermoid carcinoma, small cell lung carcinoma and colon adenocarcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
- DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion membrane. Cytoplasm. Colocalizes with 14-3-3 proteins in the cytoplasm. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes release from JNK-phosphorylated 14-3-3 proteins and translocation to the mitochondrion membrane.
- Apoptosis regulator BAX antibody
- BAX antibody
- Bax-protein antibody
- BAX_HUMAN antibody
- Bcl-2-like protein 4 antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein omega antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein transcript variant delta2 antibody
- Bcl2-L-4 antibody
- BCL2L4 antibody
Anti-Bax (phospho S184) antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue, staining Bax (phospho S184) with ab111391 at 1/50 dilution. The picture on the right is treated with the synthesized peptide.
References for Anti-Bax (phospho S184) antibody (ab111391)
ab111391 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.