Anti-Bmi1 antibody (ab25791)
- Product nameAnti-Bmi1 antibodySee all Bmi1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Bmi1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cat, Dog
Synthetic peptide: CDSGSDKANSPAGG, corresponding to amino acids 252-264 of Human Bmi1
- Positive controlU2OS whole cell lysate
- General notesThis antibody replaces ab3833.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25791 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/5000 - 1/30000.|
- FunctionComponent of the Polycomb group (PcG) multiprotein PRC1 complex, a complex required to maintain the transcriptionally repressive state of many genes, including Hox genes, throughout development. PcG PRC1 complex acts via chromatin remodeling and modification of histones; it mediates monoubiquitination of histone H2A 'Lys-119', rendering chromatin heritably changed in its expressibility. In the PRC1 complex, it is required to stimulate the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity of RNF2/RING2.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated (By similarity). May be polyubiquitinated; which does not lead to proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- B lymphoma Mo MLV insertion region (mouse) antibodyB lymphoma Mo MLV insertion region 1 homolog antibodyBmi 1 antibody
- BMI1 antibodyBMI1 polycomb ring finger oncogene antibodyBMI1_HUMAN antibodyFlvi 2/bmi 1 antibodyFLVI2/BMI1 antibodyMGC12685 antibodyMGC12685 antibodyMurine leukemia viral (bmi 1) oncogene homolog antibodyMurine leukemia viral (bmi 1) oncogene homolog antibodyOncogene BMI 1 antibodyOncogene BMI 1 antibodyPCGF 4 antibodyPCGF4 antibodyPolycomb complex protein BMI 1 antibodyPolycomb complex protein BMI 1 antibodyPolycomb complex protein BMI-1 antibodyPolycomb group protein Bmi1 antibodyPolycomb group ring finger 4 antibodyPolycomb group RING finger protein 4 antibodyRING finger protein 51 antibodyRING finger protein 51 antibodyRNF 51 antibodyRNF51 antibodyRNF51 antibody
Anti-Bmi1 antibody images
Anti-Bmi1 antibody (ab25791) at 1/1000 dilution + U2OS whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Rabbit anti-Goat IgG [H&L] at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size : 37 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab25791 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal donkey serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab25791, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 donkey anti-goat IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.