Anti-Bmi1 antibody (ab85688)
- Product nameAnti-Bmi1 antibodySee all Bmi1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bmi1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis , Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus)
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to a region between amino acids 276-326 of Human Bmi1 (NP_005171.4)
- Positive control
- HeLa cells lysate, 293T cell lysate, NIH3T3 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85688 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionComponent of the Polycomb group (PcG) multiprotein PRC1 complex, a complex required to maintain the transcriptionally repressive state of many genes, including Hox genes, throughout development. PcG PRC1 complex acts via chromatin remodeling and modification of histones; it mediates monoubiquitination of histone H2A 'Lys-119', rendering chromatin heritably changed in its expressibility. In the PRC1 complex, it is required to stimulate the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity of RNF2/RING2.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated (By similarity). May be polyubiquitinated; which does not lead to proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Entrez Gene: 493647 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 510666 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 487097 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 100532731 Human
- Entrez Gene: 648 Human
- Entrez Gene: 12151 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 307151 Rat
- Omim: 164831 Human
- SwissProt: Q5SDR3 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q32KX7 Cow
- SwissProt: P35226 Human
- SwissProt: P25916 Mouse
- Unigene: 380403 Human
- Unigene: 289584 Mouse
- B lymphoma Mo MLV insertion region (mouse) antibody
- B lymphoma Mo MLV insertion region 1 homolog antibody
- Bmi 1 antibody
- BMI1 antibody
- BMI1 polycomb ring finger oncogene antibody
- BMI1_HUMAN antibody
- Flvi 2/bmi 1 antibody
- FLVI2/BMI1 antibody
- MGC12685 antibody
- Murine leukemia viral (bmi 1) oncogene homolog antibody
- Oncogene BMI 1 antibody
- PCGF 4 antibody
- PCGF4 antibody
- Polycomb complex protein BMI 1 antibody
- Polycomb complex protein BMI-1 antibody
- Polycomb group protein Bmi1 antibody
- Polycomb group ring finger 4 antibody
- Polycomb group RING finger protein 4 antibody
- RING finger protein 51 antibody
- RNF 51 antibody
- RNF51 antibody
Anti-Bmi1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Bmi1 antibody (ab85688) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size : 37 kDa
Observed band size : 40 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 140 kDa,55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Detection of Human Bmi1 by mmunoprecipitation. Sample: HeLa Whole cell lysate (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded). ab85688 at 3 ug/mg lysate was used for IP, and at 1ug/ml for subsequent WB detection.
ICC/IF image of ab85688 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab85688, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899 Dylight 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Bmi1 antibody (ab85688)
ab85688 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.