Anti-BrdU antibody [BU1/75 (ICR1)] (Biotin) (ab74547)
- Product nameAnti-BrdU antibody [BU1/75 (ICR1)] (Biotin)See all BrdU primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [BU1/75 (ICR1)] to BrdU (Biotin)
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises BrdU incorporated into single stranded DNA, attached to a protein carrier or free BrdU. The antibody detects nucleated cells in S-phase which have had BrdU incorporated into their DNA. The antibody does not cross react with thymidine but does react weakly with chlorodeoxyuridine.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityNot applicable.
The details for the immunogen of this antibody are not available.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberBU1/75 (ICR1)
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74547 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use 20ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.|
- RelevanceThe immunocytochemical detection of bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) incorporated into DNA is a powerful tool to study the cytokinetics of normal and neoplastic cells. In vitro or in vivo labeling of tumor cells with the thymidine analogue BrdU and the subsequent detection of incorporated BrdU with specific anti-BrdU monoclonal antibodies is an accurate and comprehensive method to quantitate the degree of DNA-synthesis. BrdU is incorporated into the newly synthezised DNA of S-phase cells may provide an estimate for the fraction of cells in S-phase. Also dynamic proliferative information such as the S-phase transit rate and the potential doubling time can be obtained, by means of bivariate BrdU/DNA flow cytometric analysis.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- Bromodeoxyuridine antibodyBUdr antibody
Anti-BrdU antibody [BU1/75 (ICR1)] (Biotin) images
ab74547 staining BrdU (red) in murine E10.5 ventral spinal cords by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-BrdU antibody [BU1/75 (ICR1)] (Biotin) (ab74547)
This product has been referenced in:
- Perez-Ruiz A et al. beta-Catenin promotes self-renewal of skeletal-muscle satellite cells. J Cell Sci 121:1373-82 (2008). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 18397993) »