Anti-BrdU antibody [BU1/75 (ICR1)] (FITC) (ab74545)
- Product nameAnti-BrdU antibody [BU1/75 (ICR1)] (FITC)See all BrdU primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [BU1/75 (ICR1)] to BrdU (FITC)
- ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises BrdU incorporated into single stranded DNA, attached to a protein carrier or free BrdU. The antibody detects nucleated cells in S-phase which have had BrdU incorporated into their DNA. The antibody does not cross react with thymidine but does react weakly with chlorodeoxyuridine.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityNot applicable.
The details for the immunogen of this antibody are not available.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberBU1/75 (ICR1)
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74545 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/1 - 1/20. Use 20ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceThe immunocytochemical detection of bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) incorporated into DNA is a powerful tool to study the cytokinetics of normal and neoplastic cells. In vitro or in vivo labeling of tumor cells with the thymidine analogue BrdU and the subsequent detection of incorporated BrdU with specific anti-BrdU monoclonal antibodies is an accurate and comprehensive method to quantitate the degree of DNA-synthesis. BrdU is incorporated into the newly synthezised DNA of S-phase cells may provide an estimate for the fraction of cells in S-phase. Also dynamic proliferative information such as the S-phase transit rate and the potential doubling time can be obtained, by means of bivariate BrdU/DNA flow cytometric analysis.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- Bromodeoxyuridine antibody
- BUdr antibody
Anti-BrdU antibody [BU1/75 (ICR1)] (FITC) images
Detection of BrdU in cells using Rat anti BrdU:FITC (ab74545) counterstained with propidium iodide
References for Anti-BrdU antibody [BU1/75 (ICR1)] (FITC) (ab74545)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fricker FR et al. Axonal neuregulin 1 is a rate limiting but not essential factor for nerve remyelination. Brain 136:2279-97 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23801741) »
- Nguyen CL et al. Nek4 regulates entry into replicative senescence and the response to DNA damage in human fibroblasts. Mol Cell Biol 32:3963-77 (2012). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 22851694) »