Anti-BrdU antibody - Proliferation Marker (ab1893)
- Product nameAnti-BrdU antibody - Proliferation MarkerSee all BrdU primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to BrdU - Proliferation Marker
- Tested applicationsIHC-FrFl, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, IP, ICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-FoFr more details
Bromodeoxyuridine coupled to keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.15M PBS, pH 7.5
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1893 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FrFl||IHC-FrFl: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 25 - 100 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21118958|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19332057|
- RelevanceThe immunocytochemical detection of bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) incorporated into DNA is a powerful tool to study the cytokinetics of normal and neoplastic cells. In vitro or in vivo labeling of tumor cells with the thymidine analogue BrdU and the subsequent detection of incorporated BrdU with specific anti-BrdU monoclonal antibodies is an accurate and comprehensive method to quantitate the degree of DNA-synthesis. BrdU is incorporated into the newly synthezised DNA of S-phase cells may provide an estimate for the fraction of cells in S-phase. Also dynamic proliferative information such as the S-phase transit rate and the potential doubling time can be obtained, by means of bivariate BrdU/DNA flow cytometric analysis.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- Bromodeoxyuridine antibody
- BUdr antibody
Anti-BrdU antibody - Proliferation Marker images
ab1893 used in IP.
ab1893 at a 1/50 dilution staining rat brain tissue sections by IHC-P. The incubation time with the primary antibody was overnight at 4°C. This image shows double-staining by polyclonal sheep BrdU (labeled with Cy3 - red) and nestin 401v (labeled with Alexa Fluor® 488 - green). The detection of proliferative (BrdU-positive) astrocytes (some of them express also nestin, which demonstrates that they are reactive and of lower differentiation compared with later stages of reactive astrocytes) within the rat striatum 6 days after striatal neurotoxic lesion (by quolinic acid).
ab1893 Immunofluorescence data
Tissue culture cells were labelled prior to transplantation and then identified in in vivo tissue using ab1893 sheep polyclonal BrdU antibody (10ug/ml incubated overnight at room temperature) with a TRITC conjugated secondary antibody.
References for Anti-BrdU antibody - Proliferation Marker (ab1893)
This product has been referenced in:
- Young CC et al. Ependymal ciliary dysfunction and reactive astrocytosis in a reorganized subventricular zone after stroke. Cereb Cortex 23:647-59 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 22414771) »
- Chen J et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 priming enhances the function of endothelial progenitor cells and their therapeutic efficacy. Hypertension 61:681-9 (2013). IHC . Read more (PubMed: 23266545) »