Anti-BubR1 antibody (ab28192)
- Product nameAnti-BubR1 antibodySee all BubR1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to BubR1
- Specificityab28192 recognsies BubR1.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 883-1052 of Mouse BubR1
- Positive controlMitotic NIH/3T3 cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28192 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 119 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionEssential component of the mitotic checkpoint. Required for normal mitosis progression. The mitotic checkpoint delays anaphase until all chromosomes are properly attached to the mitotic spindle. One of its checkpoint functions is to inhibit the activity of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) by blocking the binding of CDC20 to APC/C, independently of its kinase activity. The other is to monitor kinetochore activities that depend on the kinetochore motor CENPE. Required for kinetochore localization of CENPE. Negatively regulates PLK1 activity in interphase cells and suppresses centrosome amplification. Also implicated in triggering apoptosis in polyploid cells that exit aberrantly from mitotic arrest. May play a role for tumor suppression.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in thymus followed by spleen. Preferentially expressed in tissues with a high mitotic index.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in BUB1B are associated with tumor formation.
Defects in BUB1B are the cause of premature chromatid separation trait (PCS) [MIM:176430]. PCS consists of separate and splayed chromatids with discernible centromeres and involves all or most chromosomes of a metaphase. It is found in up to 2% of metaphases in cultured lymphocytes from approximately 40% of normal individuals. When PCS is present in 5% or more of cells, it is known as the heterozygous PCS trait and has no obvious phenotypic effect, although some have reported decreased fertility. Inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Defects in BUB1B are the cause of mosaic variegated aneuploidy syndrome (MVA) [MIM:257300]. MVA is a severe autosomal recessive developmental disorder characterized by mosaic aneuploidies, predominantly trisomies and monosomies, involving multiple different chromosomes and tissues. The proportion of aneuploid cells varies but is usually more than 25% and is substantially greater than in normal individuals. Affected individuals typically present with severe intrauterine growth retardation and microcephaly. Eye anomalies, mild dysmorphism, variable developmental delay, and a broad spectrum of additional congenital abnormalities and medical conditions may also occur. The risk of malignancy is high, with rhabdomyosarcoma, Wilms tumor and leukemia reported in several cases. MVA is caused by biallelic mutations in the BUB1B gene.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. BUB1 subfamily.
Contains 1 BUB1 N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe D-box targets the protein for rapid degradation by ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis during the transition from mitosis to interphase.
The BUB1 N-terminal domain directs kinetochore localization and binding to BUB3.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved by caspase-3 in a cell cycle specific manner. The cleavage might be involved in the durability of the cell cycle delay. Caspase-3 cleavage is associated with abrogation of the mitotic checkpoint. The major site of cleavage is at Asp-610.
Acetylation at Lys-250 regulates its degradation and timing in anaphase entry.
Ubiquitinated. Degradated by the proteasome.
Sumoylated by SUMO2 and SUMO3. The sumoylation mediates the association with CENPE at the kinetochore.
Autophosphorylated in vitro. Intramolecular autophosphorylation is stimulated by CENPE. Phosphorylated during mitosis and hyperphosphorylated in mitotically arrested cells. Phosphorylation at Ser-670 and Ser-1043 occurs at kinetochores upon mitotic entry with dephosphorylation at the onset of anaphase.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Cytoplasmic in interphase cells. Associates with the kinetochores in early prophase. Kinetochore localization requires BUB1, PLK1 and CASC5.
- Beta homolg of S. cerevisiae BUB 1 antibodyBeta homolg of S. cerevisiae budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles antibodyBUB 1B antibody
- BUB1 budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles 1 homolog beta antibodyBub1A antibodyBUB1B antibodyBUB1B antibodyBUB1B_HUMAN antibodyBUB1beta antibodyBUBR1 antibodyBudding Uninhibited by Benzimidazoles 1 beta antibodyBudding Uninhibited by Benzimidazoles 1 beta antibodyBudding uninhibited by benzimidazoles 1 homolog beta (yeast) antibodyhBUBR1 antibodyhBUBR1 antibodyMAD3/BUB1 related protein kinase antibodyMAD3/BUB1-related protein kinase antibodyMAD3L antibodyMAD3L antibodyMitotic checkpoint gene BUB1B antibodyMitotic checkpoint kinase MAD3L antibodyMitotic checkpoint serine/threonine protein kinase BUB1 beta antibodyMitotic checkpoint serine/threonine-protein kinase BUB1 beta antibodyMVA1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000160319 antibodyProtein SSK1 antibodySSK 1 antibodySSK1 antibody
References for Anti-BubR1 antibody (ab28192)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sun SC et al. Perturbation of survivin expression affects chromosome alignment and spindle checkpoint in mouse oocyte meiotic maturation. Cell Cycle 8:3365-72 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19806029) »