Anti-BubR1 antibody (ab54894)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54894 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionEssential component of the mitotic checkpoint. Required for normal mitosis progression. The mitotic checkpoint delays anaphase until all chromosomes are properly attached to the mitotic spindle. One of its checkpoint functions is to inhibit the activity of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) by blocking the binding of CDC20 to APC/C, independently of its kinase activity. The other is to monitor kinetochore activities that depend on the kinetochore motor CENPE. Required for kinetochore localization of CENPE. Negatively regulates PLK1 activity in interphase cells and suppresses centrosome amplification. Also implicated in triggering apoptosis in polyploid cells that exit aberrantly from mitotic arrest. May play a role for tumor suppression.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in thymus followed by spleen. Preferentially expressed in tissues with a high mitotic index.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in BUB1B are associated with tumor formation.
Defects in BUB1B are the cause of premature chromatid separation trait (PCS) [MIM:176430]. PCS consists of separate and splayed chromatids with discernible centromeres and involves all or most chromosomes of a metaphase. It is found in up to 2% of metaphases in cultured lymphocytes from approximately 40% of normal individuals. When PCS is present in 5% or more of cells, it is known as the heterozygous PCS trait and has no obvious phenotypic effect, although some have reported decreased fertility. Inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Defects in BUB1B are the cause of mosaic variegated aneuploidy syndrome (MVA) [MIM:257300]. MVA is a severe autosomal recessive developmental disorder characterized by mosaic aneuploidies, predominantly trisomies and monosomies, involving multiple different chromosomes and tissues. The proportion of aneuploid cells varies but is usually more than 25% and is substantially greater than in normal individuals. Affected individuals typically present with severe intrauterine growth retardation and microcephaly. Eye anomalies, mild dysmorphism, variable developmental delay, and a broad spectrum of additional congenital abnormalities and medical conditions may also occur. The risk of malignancy is high, with rhabdomyosarcoma, Wilms tumor and leukemia reported in several cases. MVA is caused by biallelic mutations in the BUB1B gene.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. BUB1 subfamily.
Contains 1 BUB1 N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe D-box targets the protein for rapid degradation by ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis during the transition from mitosis to interphase.
The BUB1 N-terminal domain directs kinetochore localization and binding to BUB3.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved by caspase-3 in a cell cycle specific manner. The cleavage might be involved in the durability of the cell cycle delay. Caspase-3 cleavage is associated with abrogation of the mitotic checkpoint. The major site of cleavage is at Asp-610.
Acetylation at Lys-250 regulates its degradation and timing in anaphase entry.
Ubiquitinated. Degradated by the proteasome.
Sumoylated by SUMO2 and SUMO3. The sumoylation mediates the association with CENPE at the kinetochore.
Autophosphorylated in vitro. Intramolecular autophosphorylation is stimulated by CENPE. Phosphorylated during mitosis and hyperphosphorylated in mitotically arrested cells. Phosphorylation at Ser-670 and Ser-1043 occurs at kinetochores upon mitotic entry with dephosphorylation at the onset of anaphase.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Cytoplasmic in interphase cells. Associates with the kinetochores in early prophase. Kinetochore localization requires BUB1, PLK1 and CASC5.
- Beta homolg of S. cerevisiae BUB 1 antibodyBeta homolg of S. cerevisiae budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles antibodyBUB 1B antibody
- BUB1 budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles 1 homolog beta antibodyBub1A antibodyBUB1B antibodyBUB1B_HUMAN antibodyBUB1beta antibodyBUBR1 antibodyBudding Uninhibited by Benzimidazoles 1 beta antibodyBudding uninhibited by benzimidazoles 1 homolog beta (yeast) antibodyhBUBR1 antibodyMAD3/BUB1 related protein kinase antibodyMAD3/BUB1-related protein kinase antibodyMAD3L antibodyMitotic checkpoint gene BUB1B antibodyMitotic checkpoint kinase MAD3L antibodyMitotic checkpoint serine/threonine protein kinase BUB1 beta antibodyMitotic checkpoint serine/threonine-protein kinase BUB1 beta antibodyMVA1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000160319 antibodyProtein SSK1 antibodySSK 1 antibodySSK1 antibody
Anti-BubR1 antibody images
BubR1 antibody (ab54894) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human spleen.
Predicted band size : 120 kDa
BubR1 antibody (ab54894) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
ab54894 staining BubR1 in murine neuronal progenior cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.Cells were fixed in methanol, blocked using 0.01% BSA for 30 minutes and then incubated with ab54894 at a 1/100 dilution for 1 hour at 37°C. The secondary used was a rhodamine conjugated mouse monoclonal used at a 1/200 dilution.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab54894 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab54894, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Immunofluorescence of nocodazole treated HeLa cells with ab54894 staining BubR1 (green). CREST was used to mark centromeres (red) and the DNA is stained with DAPI (blue).
References for Anti-BubR1 antibody (ab54894)
This product has been referenced in:
- Genin A et al. Kinetochore KMN network gene CASC5 mutated in primary microcephaly. Hum Mol Genet : (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22983954) »
- Nasir A et al. Novel molecular markers of malignancy in histologically normal and benign breast. Patholog Res Int 2011:489064 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21785684) »