Anti-BubR1 antibody (ab70173)
- Product nameAnti-BubR1 antibodySee all BubR1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BubR1
- Specificityab70173 detects endogenous levels of total BubR1 protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide derived from an internal sequence of human BubR1
- Positive control
- Extracts from HeLa and HepG2 cells all treated with H2O2 (100uM, 30mins).
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab70173 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70173 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa).|
- FunctionEssential component of the mitotic checkpoint. Required for normal mitosis progression. The mitotic checkpoint delays anaphase until all chromosomes are properly attached to the mitotic spindle. One of its checkpoint functions is to inhibit the activity of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) by blocking the binding of CDC20 to APC/C, independently of its kinase activity. The other is to monitor kinetochore activities that depend on the kinetochore motor CENPE. Required for kinetochore localization of CENPE. Negatively regulates PLK1 activity in interphase cells and suppresses centrosome amplification. Also implicated in triggering apoptosis in polyploid cells that exit aberrantly from mitotic arrest. May play a role for tumor suppression.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in thymus followed by spleen. Preferentially expressed in tissues with a high mitotic index.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in BUB1B are associated with tumor formation.
Defects in BUB1B are the cause of premature chromatid separation trait (PCS) [MIM:176430]. PCS consists of separate and splayed chromatids with discernible centromeres and involves all or most chromosomes of a metaphase. It is found in up to 2% of metaphases in cultured lymphocytes from approximately 40% of normal individuals. When PCS is present in 5% or more of cells, it is known as the heterozygous PCS trait and has no obvious phenotypic effect, although some have reported decreased fertility. Inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Defects in BUB1B are the cause of mosaic variegated aneuploidy syndrome (MVA) [MIM:257300]. MVA is a severe autosomal recessive developmental disorder characterized by mosaic aneuploidies, predominantly trisomies and monosomies, involving multiple different chromosomes and tissues. The proportion of aneuploid cells varies but is usually more than 25% and is substantially greater than in normal individuals. Affected individuals typically present with severe intrauterine growth retardation and microcephaly. Eye anomalies, mild dysmorphism, variable developmental delay, and a broad spectrum of additional congenital abnormalities and medical conditions may also occur. The risk of malignancy is high, with rhabdomyosarcoma, Wilms tumor and leukemia reported in several cases. MVA is caused by biallelic mutations in the BUB1B gene.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. BUB1 subfamily.
Contains 1 BUB1 N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe D-box targets the protein for rapid degradation by ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis during the transition from mitosis to interphase.
The BUB1 N-terminal domain directs kinetochore localization and binding to BUB3.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved by caspase-3 in a cell cycle specific manner. The cleavage might be involved in the durability of the cell cycle delay. Caspase-3 cleavage is associated with abrogation of the mitotic checkpoint. The major site of cleavage is at Asp-610.
Acetylation at Lys-250 regulates its degradation and timing in anaphase entry.
Ubiquitinated. Degradated by the proteasome.
Sumoylated by SUMO2 and SUMO3. The sumoylation mediates the association with CENPE at the kinetochore.
Autophosphorylated in vitro. Intramolecular autophosphorylation is stimulated by CENPE. Phosphorylated during mitosis and hyperphosphorylated in mitotically arrested cells. Phosphorylation at Ser-670 and Ser-1043 occurs at kinetochores upon mitotic entry with dephosphorylation at the onset of anaphase.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Cytoplasmic in interphase cells. Associates with the kinetochores in early prophase. Kinetochore localization requires BUB1, PLK1 and CASC5.
- Beta homolg of S. cerevisiae BUB 1 antibody
- Beta homolg of S. cerevisiae budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles antibody
- BUB 1B antibody
- BUB1 budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles 1 homolog beta antibody
- Bub1A antibody
- BUB1B antibody
- BUB1B_HUMAN antibody
- BUB1beta antibody
- BUBR1 antibody
- Budding Uninhibited by Benzimidazoles 1 beta antibody
- Budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles 1 homolog beta (yeast) antibody
- hBUBR1 antibody
- MAD3/BUB1 related protein kinase antibody
- MAD3/BUB1-related protein kinase antibody
- MAD3L antibody
- Mitotic checkpoint gene BUB1B antibody
- Mitotic checkpoint kinase MAD3L antibody
- Mitotic checkpoint serine/threonine protein kinase BUB1 beta antibody
- Mitotic checkpoint serine/threonine-protein kinase BUB1 beta antibody
- MVA1 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000160319 antibody
- Protein SSK1 antibody
- SSK 1 antibody
- SSK1 antibody
Anti-BubR1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-BubR1 antibody (ab70173) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells treated with H2O2 (100uM, 30mins),
Lane 2 : extracts from HepG2 cells treated with H2O2 (100uM, 30mins),
Lane 3 : extracts from HeLa cells treated with H2O2 (100uM, 30mins), with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 120 kDa
Observed band size : 130 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-BubR1 antibody (ab70173)
ab70173 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.