Anti-C1q antibody (ab64632)
- Product nameAnti-C1q antibodySee all C1q primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to C1q
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Mouse C1q.
(Peptide available as ab91203.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Mouse blood plasma tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64632 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).Can be blocked with C1q peptide (ab91203).|
- FunctionC1q associates with the proenzymes C1r and C1s to yield C1, the first component of the serum complement system. The collagen-like regions of C1q interact with the Ca(2+)-dependent C1r(2)C1s(2) proenzyme complex, and efficient activation of C1 takes place on interaction of the globular heads of C1q with the Fc regions of IgG or IgM antibody present in immune complexes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in C1QA are a cause of complement component C1q deficiency (C1QD) [MIM:613652]. A rare defect resulting in C1 deficiency and impaired activation of the complement classical pathway. C1 deficiency generally leads to severe immune complex disease with features of systemic lupus erythematosus and glomerulonephritis.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
modificationsO-linked glycans consist of Glc-Gal disaccharides bound to the oxygen atom of post-translationally added hydroxyl groups.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Entrez Gene: 12259 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 12260 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 12262 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 298566 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29687 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 362634 Rat
- SwissProt: P98086 Mouse
- SwissProt: P14106 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q02105 Mouse
- SwissProt: P31720 Rat
- SwissProt: P31721 Rat
- SwissProt: P31722 Rat
- Unigene: 439957 Mouse
- Unigene: 105647 Rat
- C1QA antibodyC1QA_HUMAN antibodyC1QB antibody
- C1QC antibodyComplement C1q subcomponent subunit A antibodyComplement C1q subcomponent subunit B antibodyComplement C1q subcomponent subunit C antibodyComplement component 1 q subcomponent A chain antibodyComplement component 1 q subcomponent alpha polypeptide antibodyComplement component C1q A chain antibodyComplement component C1q B chain antibodyComplement component C1q C chain antibody
Anti-C1q antibody images
Anti-C1q antibody (ab64632) at 1 µg/ml + Plasma (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 26 kDa
Observed band size : 36 + 33 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 12 minutes
References for Anti-C1q antibody (ab64632)
ab64632 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.