Anti-C5b-9 antibody (ab55811)
- Product nameAnti-C5b-9 antibodySee all C5b-9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to C5b-9
- SpecificityThis antibody is monospecific for C5b-9 complex in purified form or present in cobra venom factor activated human serum. There is no reactivity vs. non-activated normal human serum or plasma
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, IHC-FoFr, RID, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Purified Human SC5b-9 Complex.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55811 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|RID||RID: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceActivation of the complement system plays a key role in normal inflammatory response to injury but may cause substantial injury when activated inappropriately. The complement system is activated either through the classical (antibody induced) or the alternative (microbial surface, polysacharride induced) pathway, both leading to the formation of the C5b9 complex. Fluid phase binding of the multifunctional glycoprotein S protein (vitronectin) to C5b9 leads to the formation of a cytolytically inactive complex, SC5b9, which is unable to attach to cells.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- C5 antibody
- c5b 9 antibody
- C6 antibody
- C7 antibody
- C8 antibody
- C9 antibody
- Complement component 5 antibody
- Complement component 6 antibody
- Complement component 7 antibody
- Complement component 8 antibody
- Complement component 9 antibody
- MAC antibody
- Membrane attack complex antibody
- TCC antibody
- Terminal complement complex antibody
Anti-C5b-9 antibody images
ab55811 staining C5b-9 (red) in Mouse pancreas tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in 5% serum) for 2 hours. An Alexa Fluor®546-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/400) was used as the secondary antibody. Insulin - green, DAPI - blue.
ab55811 staining C5b-9 in human liver.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus ), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate pH6.1 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab55811 at a 1/1000 dilution staining C5b-9 in mouse heart tissue by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections), incubated for 16 hours at 4°C. Acetone fixed. Permeabilized using 1% Triton X-100. Blocked with 10% horse serum + 5% BSA for 1 hour at room temperature. Secondary used at 1/500 dilution polyclonal Goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor 488.
ICC/IF image of ab55811 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab55811, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-C5b-9 antibody (ab55811)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ioannou A et al. Complement depletion protects lupus-prone mice from ischemia-reperfusion-initiated organ injury. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 304:G283-92 (2013). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23104558) »
- Zhang JJ et al. Murine membranous nephropathy: immunization with a3(IV) collagen fragment induces subepithelial immune complexes and Fc?R-independent nephrotic syndrome. J Immunol 188:3268-77 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22371398) »