Anti-C9 antibody (ab118902)
- Product nameAnti-C9 antibodySee all C9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to C9
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant Human C9 protein.
- Positive controlHuman Small Intestine, Vessels Human Placenta methanol-fixed HepG2 Raji cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 1.21% Tris glycine
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118902 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/200.|
- FunctionConstituent of the membrane attack complex (MAC) that plays a key role in the innate and adaptive immune response by forming pores in the plasma membrane of target cells. C9 is the pore-forming subunit of the MAC.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in C9 are a cause of complement component 9 deficiency (C9D) [MIM:613825]. A rare defect of the complement classical pathway associated with susceptibility to severe recurrent infections, predominantly by Neisseria gonorrhoeae or Neisseria meningitidis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the complement C6/C7/C8/C9 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 LDL-receptor class A domain.
Contains 1 MACPF domain.
Contains 1 TSP type-1 domain.
modificationsThrombin cleaves factor C9 to produce C9a and C9b.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Cell membrane. Secreted as soluble monomer. Oligomerizes at target membranes, forming a pre-pore. A conformation change then leads to the formation of a 100 Angstrom diameter pore.
- C9 antibodyC9 deficiency antibodyC9 deficiency with dermatomyositis antibody
- CO9_HUMAN antibodyComplement component 9 antibodyComplement component 9 deficiency antibodyComplement component C9 antibodyComplement component C9b antibody
Anti-C9 antibody images
Immunohistochemistry analysis (Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded) of Human Small Intestine, Vessels stained with ab118902 at 10 µg/ml
Immunohistochemistry analysis (Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded) of Human Placenta stained with ab118902 at 10 µg/ml
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol-fixed HepG2, using ab118902 at 1:200 dilution.
Anti-C9 antibody (ab118902) at 1/500 dilution + Raji cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size : 62 kDa
References for Anti-C9 antibody (ab118902)
ab118902 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.