Anti-C9 antibody (ab92690)
- Product nameAnti-C9 antibodySee all C9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to C9
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse
Synthetic peptide derived from an internal region of Human C9.
- Positive controlCOLO cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92690 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionConstituent of the membrane attack complex (MAC) that plays a key role in the innate and adaptive immune response by forming pores in the plasma membrane of target cells. C9 is the pore-forming subunit of the MAC.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in C9 are a cause of complement component 9 deficiency (C9D) [MIM:613825]. A rare defect of the complement classical pathway associated with susceptibility to severe recurrent infections, predominantly by Neisseria gonorrhoeae or Neisseria meningitidis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the complement C6/C7/C8/C9 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 LDL-receptor class A domain.
Contains 1 MACPF domain.
Contains 1 TSP type-1 domain.
modificationsThrombin cleaves factor C9 to produce C9a and C9b.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Cell membrane. Secreted as soluble monomer. Oligomerizes at target membranes, forming a pre-pore. A conformation change then leads to the formation of a 100 Angstrom diameter pore.
- C9 antibodyC9 deficiency antibodyC9 deficiency with dermatomyositis antibody
- CO9_HUMAN antibodyComplement component 9 antibodyComplement component 9 deficiency antibodyComplement component C9 antibodyComplement component C9b antibody
Anti-C9 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-C9 antibody (ab92690) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COLO cell lysate
Lane 2 : COLO cell lysate with blocking peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 63 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab92690 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab92690, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899 Dylight 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-C9 antibody (ab92690)
ab92690 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.