Anti-CABP antibody - Azide free (ab37748)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37748 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.|
- FunctionModulates calcium-dependent activity of inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptors (ITPRs). Inhibits agonist-induced intracellular calcium signaling. Enhances inactivation and does not support calcium-dependent facilitation of voltage-dependent P/Q-type calcium channels. Causes calcium-dependent facilitation and inhibits inactivation of L-type calcium channels by binding to the same sites as calmodulin in the C-terminal domain of CACNA1C, but resulting in an opposit effects on channel function. Suppresses the calcium-dependent inactivation of CACNA1D (By similarity). Inhibits TRPC5 channels. Prevents NMDA receptor-induced cellular degeneration.
- Tissue specificityRetina and brain. Somatodendritic compartment of neurons. Calbrain was found exclusively in brain where it is abundant in the hippocampus, habenular area in the epithalamus and in the cerebellum.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 EF-hand domains.
- DomainEF-1 binds magnesium constitutively under physiological conditions, EF-3 and EF-4 bind calcium cooperatively and EF-2 binds neither calcium nor magnesium.
modificationsPhosphorylated. The phosphorylation regulates the activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cell cortex. Cell membrane. S-CaBP1 is localized at or near the plasma membrane; Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Cell membrane. Golgi apparatus. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane > postsynaptic density. L-CaBP1 is associated most likely with the cytoskeletal structures, whereas S-CaBP1 is localized at or near the plasma membrane and Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. L-CaBP1 is associated most likely with the cytoskeletal structures.
- CABP 1 antibodyCaBP1 antibodyCABP1_HUMAN antibody
- Calbrain antibodyCalcium binding protein 1 antibodyCalcium binding protein 5 antibodyCalcium-binding protein 1 antibodyCaldendrin antibodyHCALB BR antibodyHCALB_BR antibody
References for Anti-CABP antibody - Azide free (ab37748)
ab37748 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.